Loaded burger bowls with bacon, pickles, guacamole and with special sauce! These low carb burger bowls are Whole30 and paleo, too. These is so healthy and delicious and your whole family will love it!
Burger bowls would be the burger-equivalent of a burrito-bowl or taco-salad. We take all of the really awesome sections of a burger and strip down it, layering heaping portions of normal burger toppings onto a bed of lettuce.
Burger bowls wed all of the gorgeous things about hamburgers (The savory-beef, rich-avocado, salty and crispy-bacon, briny-pickles, which gently sweet, creamy-sauce! ) Using a much healthier and simpler means. You receive a bite of all with each forkful, and there is no need to search for the absolutely leafed lettuce to wrap your burgers.
If you make this recipe, make certain to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You could even share this recipe on your social media. You can also find me on Pinterest.
Maybe you wanna make this recipes at home and i think your family will love it!
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- Healthy Turkey Chili
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- Vegan Ginger Quinoa Bowl
Loaded Burger Bowls with Special Sauce
For Burger Bowls Meat
- 1 lb ground-beef
- 1 tsp avocado or refined coconut-oil
- 4 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp salt
For Burger Bowls
- 2 small heads romaine, sliced and root discarded
- 10 slices bacon, cooked til crisp and roughly crumbled
- 1½ cups cherry or grape-tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red-onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ tbsp lemon-juice
- ½ cup pickles, or more to taste
- ½ tsp salt
For Special Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp dill pickle relish
- pinch crushed red-pepper
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp coconut-aminos (if on Whole30, see note for details)
- 2 tsp maple-syrup (if not on Whole30, see note for details)
- pinch salt
- In a medium-bowl, mix together beef, garlic-powder and salt. Heat avocado or coconut-oil in large-skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-heat, then add beef & brown, crumbling with spatula or spoon.
- Make fast guacamole: In a medium-bowl, mash together lemon juice, avocado and ½ tsp salt.
- Make the special sauce: whisk together all special-sauce ingredients, using coconut-aminos only if you are on a Whole30 & skipping the maple-syrup. If you are NOT on a Whole30, forget the coconut-aminos & use the maple-syrup just. Set aside.
- When beef is browned & simmer, remove from skillet then return to medium-heat. Add red-onions in a layer & cook till lightly charred on-the bottom, then flip. Cook till lightly charred on the next side remove & repeat till all of onions are lightly-cooked.
- Assemble: begin with a layer of romaine on your serving-bowls, then spoonful ¼ of this ground-beef mixture into the middle. Arrange remaining items round the beef: pickles, bacon, tomatoes, red-onion, and guacamole. Drizzle with loads of unique sauce and serve.
- You may swap the lime-juice for the lemon-juice, if you would like.
- Do not skimp on the bacon in this recipe! The best, thickest cut you can find, the better.
- If you are on a Whole30, do not utilize the maple syrup at the special-sauce, then just the coconut-aminos. If you are not on a Whole30, then forget the coconut-aminos and then g for the maple-syrup.