Delicious shrimp pasta with mozzarella-cheese alfredo-sauce is created of scratch using sun-dried-tomatoes, basil, paprika, cream and red pepper flakes. You will have a totally cooked shrimp tender and soft and not dry or rubbery for the easy weeknight dinner!
This fish pasta a ridiculously simple recipe that makes it an ideal selection for a weeknight-dinner.
It is really simple to overcook the shrimp. But what’s good about this recipe is that even in the event that you decide to overcook the fish, you may barely notice it since the shrimp will be coated from the delicious creamy sauce which is going to continue to keep the shrimp tender and moist!
This recipe includes creamy Mozzarella sauce using sun-dried-tomatoes and basil. If you like these tastes but prefer another kind of protein rather than fish, you can try out this Delicious Caprese Chicken or Creamy Chicken Olivia.
This Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta can store in an airtight-container in the fridge for up to 4-days.
To reheat, add a little bit of milk or chicken broth or water to shrimp-pasta then simmer gently over medium-low-heat till the sauce just begins to bubble. Then turn heat to low and keep reheating the pasta, without simmering.
Note for the Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta
- What’s half-and-half? Substitute of 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of heavy -cream for 1 cup of half-and-half.
- Don’t use fresh-mozzarella. Fresh Mozzarella is generally sold as a massive ball or tiny balls at a brine or water-solution. Don’t shred the fresh-mozzarella.
- If utilizing sun-dried-tomatoes in olive-oil (in a jar), then be certain that you drain sun-dried-tomatoes out of oil, prior to using them. Reserve 2 tbsp of the drained olive-oil.
- Utilize Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella-cheese. It’s normally marketed as solid-blocks or as pre-shredded-cheese in bags.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Skinny Taco Salad
- Zucchini Rollatini
- Creamy Mushroom Vegan Risotto
- One Pan Vegan Thai Curry
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
Creamy Mozzarella Shrimp Pasta
For the Pasta
- 8 oz penne-pasta for gluten-free use gluten free brown-rice pasta
For the Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp without shells, and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive-oil drained from sun-dried tomatoes jar or just use regular olive-oil
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Creamy Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella-cheese shredded (do not use fresh Mozzarella, use pre-shredded Mozzarella)
- 4 oz sun-dried-tomatoes (without oil)
- ¼ tsp red-pepper-flakes crushed or more to taste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup half and half
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried basil (if using fresh basil you can add more)
- ½ cup reserved cooked pasta-water (or more)
- ¼ tsp salt
Cook the Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve a few cooked pasta water. Drain the pasta.
Cook the Shrimp
- Note: when using sun-dried tomatoes in oil (in a jar), then be certain that you drain sun-dried tomatoes out of oil, prior to using them. Reserve 2 tbsp of the drained oil for sauteing the shrimp
- Heat 2 tbsp olive-oil (reserved in the sun-dried-tomatoes jar or use regular olive-oil) at a large-skillet medium-high-heat.
- Add beans with minced garlic. Cook the shrimp on one-side for a few minute, or till shrimp turns pink or golden-brown on the side. While it cooks, sprinkle salt over the shrimp to pay each and every shrimp.
- Be certain not to crowd the shrimp in the skillet. Otherwise moisture will shrimp & form will not sear right. After a few minutes, then flip the shrimp over into another side & cook for 30seconds or one minute longer.
- The shrimp ought to be golden or pink color on each side & rather than overcooked. Then remove the shrimp to a plate, being careful to leave all of the oil from the skillet.
Make the Creamy Mozzarella Sauce
- To the same skillet, then add sun-dried-tomatoes (drained from oil & chopped into smaller chunks, if desired) & much more minced garlic.
- Saute sun-dried-tomatoes in olive-oil (remaining from the shrimp) on moderate heat, stirring for a few minute before the garlic is fragrant. The skillet ought to be hot.
- Add half and half on the hot-skillet with sun-dried-tomatoes and bring to boil. Then add shredded cheese into the skillet, then stir in while boiling. Instantly reduce to simmer.
- Keep on cooking the sauce on low-simmer-heat, constantly stirring or till all of the cheese melts & the creamy-sauce forms. If the sauce is too thick, add a little or reserved cooked pasta water.
- Add ¼ tsp of salt on low-heat and tasting (or you can add more salt to taste).
Assemble the Shrimp Pasta
- Add cooked pasta into the sauce then simmer gently on medium-heat. Then add the cooked shrimp, stir it in. Taste, and season with more salt, if necessary.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little amount of half-and-half or reserved cooked-pasta-water.
- Let’s simmer on low-heat for a few minutes for flavours to combine.
- Let's simmer on low-heat for a few minutes for flavours to combine. (Make sure to salt just enough to draw from these flavors of basil and sun-dried tomatoes).