Simple Mac and Cheese Italian Style – with only 7 ingredients & 15minutes you’ll have this wonderful dinner on the table. It’s the greatest left-over and weeknight dinner assistant.
This recipe is the ideal last second meal. It requires ingredients you have available all of the time and after that just add whatever leftovers your refrigerator retains and it becomes supper.
Precooked sausage, kielbasa, leftover-chicken, fish or chicken in plus a few leftover veggies inserted in the very end or frozen legumes (additional together with all the pasta) and you’ve got yourself a wonderful two pot supper in under 20minutes.
Mac and Cheese Italian Style
- 1 tbsp dried Italian-seasoning
- 8 oz Italian blend shredded-cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh grated Parmesan-cheese
- 1 lb dry mini penne-pasta
- 2 cups whole-milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose-flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted-butter
- Bring a large-pot of water to a boil, salt, cook pasta according to package instructions, to al dente. Drain pasta after it's cooked & place aside. Work on another step while your pasta is cooking.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-heat melt butter, add flour and Italian-seasoning & whisk for approximately two minutes to cook the'flour-y' flavor. Add milk & continue to whisk sometimes, letting the mix to thicken. Add cheeses & whisk until completely blended.
- Pour cheese-sauce on strained pasta & stir to blend. Sauce will thickens because it sits.
- Serve and enjoy.
- I use 4 oz mozzarella and 4 oz provolone (approximately 8 oz mozzarella). I shred them and put them to the recipe instead of the cheese mix. From time-to-time I shall add a bit Romano, Asiago or Fontina to the mixture. It depends upon which I have at the home. Nevertheless, the critical part is to utilize at least 4 oz of mozzarella on your mix.
- Veggie thoughts: If there’s approximately 5-6minutes left in your own pasta cook time include two cups frozen peas or frozen-broccoli (pay the pot to allow it to return to a boil more quickly and get rid of the cover after boil ). They’ll be done exactly the exact same time that the pasta is completed and it will unite to generate an unbelievable dinner. Another vegetable choice is to stir in 3 cups fresh baby spinach, when the cheese and pasta sauce have been completely combined (in the end). It’ll be just wilted perfectly if it’s time to function.
- Protein thoughts: once you’ve emptied your cooked pasta, then put it back into the pan and then add chopped lettuce, chicken or rotisserie chicken into the hot pasta. Then pour the sauce on top. The heat from the pasta along with the cheese sauce will heat the meat and it’s going to be ready to function when the mac and cheese is prepared. I also have used leftover ground beef, hamburgers, rinsed and drained beans (navy, kidney or pinto are our favorites).