Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo – this cajun alfredo is completely loaded with taste! Experienced chicken and smoked sausage at a homemade cajun alfredo sauce. This recipe is a mixture of 2 of my most well-known recipes, Some Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and CrockPot Chicken Alfredo. This slow-cooker version is indeed delicious and certainly will become a hit with your loved ones. The sausage and cajun seasoning taste the chicken and alfredo sauce since it’s cooking and provides the dish a lot of layers of taste.
HOW TO MAKE CAJUN CHICKEN ALFREDO IN THE SLOW COOKER?
- Begin with providing the chicken breasts a fast sear in a pan. Then move the chicken & juices breasts into the slow-cooker. This measure adds only a couple of minutes, but actually will help add more flavor to the pasta.
- Then add sausage, heavy-cream, chicken broth & seasonings into the slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours depending upon your slow-cooker. Cooking time from the slow-cooker fluctuates so much, it is ideal to look at the temperature of the chicken using a meat thermometer to make sure it’s reached 165 degrees. When the chicken is cooked through, set aside to cool then slice.
- Stir in uncooked pasta. It is possible to use any shaped pasta.
- In the end, stir in freshly grated parmesan-cheese & then return chicken to slow-cooker. Sprinkle with fresh-parley and extra seasoning.
Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 lb chicken-breasts
- 1 lb smoked-sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb uncooked penne-pasta
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 3 cups heavy-cream
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coarse cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- ½ cup hot water
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan-cheese
- kosher salt and black-pepper
- Put chicken breasts dry and season with pepper, salt and a sprinkle of garlic-powder. Heat olive-oil on high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on each side.
- Add chicken breasts,sausage, heavy-cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves and ½ tsp of kosher-salt, cajun seasoning & lots of turns of freshly ground black-pepper into slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for approximately 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours, until chicken has reached 165°.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker & put aside to cool and slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of warm water & uncooked penne-pasta, cover and cook on high for 30 mins. Only until rice is tender.
- After pasta is tender, then stir in parmesan-cheese, chopped chicken and extra salt & pepper to taste.