If you prefer it “cheesy”, you’ll love this skinny nacho cheese sauce. Made of just vegetables, it’s oil-free and fat-free.
Even though there are many of vegetarian nacho cheese sauce recipes made from carrots and potatoes, sweet-potatoes, butternut-squash, or white-beans. I wanted to create a petroleum free nacho’cheese’ sauce with just a small kick.
To begin, the attractiveness of the cheese sauce is that the wide range of ways in which you may alter its taste by changing only a couple of ingredients.
Second, you may earn a lot of cheese sauce and include that particular taste for any event you select.
Back in the afternoon, before healthful eating and eating wholesome, my mother used to create a nacho cheese sauce out of Velveeta Cheese and Rotel tomatoes.
Obviously, I would not eat Velveeta if you paid me, however I had an epiphany today about ways to present my cheese sauce that the tiny kick it wanted, and it worked!
There is appears to be oil free and nearly fat-free too. So, give it a go, and do not tell those plant-based skeptics the reality. It is our little secret.
This recipe, I use my Skinny Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme. If you think ahead, you may use numerous recipes in various dishes.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest. Please, if you recreate this Skinny Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe, don’t forget too give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Skinny Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 3 small Idaho-potatoes, washed, scrubbed, skin left on
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and cut
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tbsp hot-sauce (I used Chalupa)
- 3 large carrots
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 cup vegetable-broth
- 1 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 tbsp tamari, liquid aminos or soy-sauce
- ½ cup water
- Wash 3 averaged sized potatoes, cut into large-chunks (leave skins on potatoes).
- Clean and cut 3-large carrots and chop them exactly the exact same size as potatoes.
- Put in a pot & cover with water. Then add a few of salt into the water.
- Boil for 20minutes. While potatoes are boiling, place vegetable-broth, lemon-juice, nutrient-yeast, paprika, jalapeno, garlic-powder, hot-sauce, onion-powder and soy-sauce in a blender.
- Drain Carrots and Potatoes. Then put carrots and potatoes into a blender, mix till smooth.
- Mixture will be thick, insert water. Then transfer cheese mix to a medium-sized sauce-pan.
- Add a can of rotel-tomatoes (don’t blend) for a nacho-cheese-dip.
- Remove Jalapeno and hot-sauce, then add a tbsp of liquid-smoke to get a smokey-cheese-sauce.
- You can add chili-pepper if you like spicy.