If you’re a lover of Trader Joe’s hot lentil packs, you’ll love those Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce! They are simple to create, can be created Gluten-Free by using heated corn tortillas and so are fantastic for meal-prep! This so delicious and full of flavour, i really love it!
To make this particular recipe, I began with the ingredient listing with lentils and bulgur-wheat, but actually wished to make a recipe that may be Gluten-Free. I think quinoa can be the ideal replacement!
After I’m trying a couple batches with and without quinoa, the quinoa had been a keeper since it had the favored feel. The mixture is filled with flavor, easy to put together and may be saved in the refrigerator for up to a week or suspended if necessary.
This is Ingredients You’ll Needed
Quinoa and lentils are simmered with spices till tender. Subsequently folded or wrapped with cabbage and chili-paste make these fantastic, well-balanced, spicy and savory vegan-lentil mix served with tahini-sauce on the other side.
- red lentils
- quinoa – white or tri-color
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- red pepper flakes
- green onion
- cabbage – use pre-shredded cabbage for ease
- salt and pepper
- lavash bread or corn tortillas – use corn tortillas for a gluten-free meal
- tahini – make your own homemade tahini or use store bought
- chili paste or sriracha – I use and recommend the Huy Fong, Garlic Chili Paste or their plain Chili Paste. They can be found in the Asian section of your local markets
If you want to Store, here is this
Freezer: The lentil filling is freezer friendly and may be saved in the freezer for as many as two months. To freeze, let cool and store in safe containers, leaving 1/2 inch head space for expansion. Permit thaw before reheating on the cooker or in the microwave. It is also possible to freeze bigger parts in large ziplock-bags.
Fridge: Wraps can be kept in containers and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. If keeping the lentil filling separate, it is going to endure for 5-6 days, at a covered container. Dressing will also endure for 5-6 days, only provide a great stir before using.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Quinoa Power Bowls with Maple Chipotle Brussels and Smoky Butternut Squash
- Easy Cauliflower and Chickpea Masala
- Creamy Vegan Southwest Pasta Salad
Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
Lentil Quinoa Mix
- ¾ cup red-lentils, sorted and rinsed
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp red-pepper-flakes (Optional)
- 2 ½ cups water, or more if needed
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 green-onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 2 heaping tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped-parsley
- ½ tsp pink-salt, to taste
Spicy Tahini Sauce
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup water, or more if needed
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- pinch of red-pepper-flakes
- juice of ½ lemon or 1 tbsp
- pinch of pink-salt
- shredded cabbage or micro-greens
- chili-paste or sriracha
- lavash bread or corn-tortillas (flour-tortillas work too)
- sliced avocado, for tacos (Optional)
Lentil Quinoa Mix
- In a medium-saucepan, then add the water, lentils, quinoa, cumin, garlic & onion-powder, salt and red-pepper-flakes, bring to a boil, cover & simmer about 20minutes.
- Remove from heat, add chopped-parsley & scallions, let rest for ten minutes. If you feel it is too dry, add a few tbsp of water. Mixture ought to be creamy, not-dry. Add additional spices to flavor.
- In a small-bowl whisk together the tahini, lemon, water, salt, red-pepper-flakes and parsley. Put aside.
- Lay lavash bread onto a level surface. Spread a tablespoon or so of chili-paste, roughly 1 ½-inches from the edge onto the initial ⅓ part in the top to base, leaving an inch on either ends.
- Layer with roughly ½ cup lentil and quinoa mixture & cabbage, then fold & roll. Slice in half & serve with a spoonful of tahini-sauce on every bite.
- Warm tortillas, layer with lentil and quinoa mixture, micro-greens or cabbage, then add chili-paste & tahini dressing to taste and sliced avocado.
- Serve warm, chilled or at room temperature.
- Wraps can be kept in the fridge for up to 3-4 days, in a covered container.
PIN IT FOR LATER!