This Hippie Macro Glow Bowl totally balanced, satisfied and full of nourished and this is so delicious optimal for digestion. This new glow bowl incorporates more of the classic macrobiotic bowl ingredients.
Beginning with a foundation of fluffy quinoa followed by massaged kale, sauteed broccoli, smoky jalapeno kraut, crunchy cucumber slices, heirloom tomatoes, crumbled tempeh and a sprinkling of sesame seeds, ended with a maple turmeric tahini dressing.
I store all of the vegetables raw, but for the broccoli that I sautéed using a modest non-prescription olive-oil-spray out of “Trader Joe’s”. I love to incorporate a mixture of cooked and raw veggies.
I like the fermented veggies (sauerkraut) since they supply healthful living probiotics to get a happy tummy and therefore don’t knock them till you try them! They really add a great deal of depth in taste.
So feel free to personalize it to your liking (eat with the seasons). But make sure you include a lot of colour and variety. If you love your meals and it looks amazing, it tastes better.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Hippie Macro Glow Bowl as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5 Star review in the comments below!
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Hemp Hearts
- Delicious One Pot Taco Pasta
- Vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- BBQ Chicken Bowls with Sweet Potatoes and Coleslaw (Whole30)
Hippie Macro Glow Bowl Recipe
- 3 cups raw-kale, de-stemmed
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups broccoli-florets
- 1-2 cups cups baby-heirloom-tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup sauerkraut (or more, to taste)
- ½ lemon, juiced (to massage kale)
- 4-6 slices fresh-cucumber
- ⅓ block of tempeh, crumbled
- sprinkling of sesame-seeds
For the Mapple Turmeric Tahini Dressing
- ¼ tsp ground-turmeric
- 1 tbsp pure maple-syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh-lemon-juice
- 1 tbsp low-sodium-tamari (or liquid aminos or soy-sauce)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini
- Begin by massaging the kale with fresh lemon-juice break-down the fibrous leaves. Let sit for approximately 10minutes.
- Heat pan in medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick coconut-oil spray then saute the broccoli just till softened for 4-5minutes. Do not overcook it!
- Start assembling your dishes by simply dividing the cooked quinoa, sauerkraut, cucumber, broccoli, kale, tomatoes and optional sesame-seeds.
- In a small-bowl combine all the dressing ingredients & whisk till creamy and smooth. Pour over your macro bowls. Mix it up and dig.
PIN IT FOR LATER!