This easy and quick curried lentil soup requires less than 30 minutes to create. Ideal for meal prep and is rich of nutrition and flavour. This recipe is oil-free, vegan and gluten-free.
This tasty curried soup is quite simple to create and that I hope you enjoy this beautiful, easy, wholesome soup. You can have it on the table in about half an hour from begin to finish in only one-pot.
It’s also low-fat and supplies lots of protein and fiber, works nicely plus budget-friendly and ideal for meal-prep.
You can store this soup in the freezer for up to 3-months or in the fridge for up to 5-days.
Please, if you make this Vegan Curried Red Lentil Soup Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- One Pan Vegan Thai Curry
- Pressure Cooker Pho
- Slow Cooker Steak Soup with Egg Noodles
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- Cozy Autumn Rice Soup
- Potato Soup (Baked Potato Style)
Vegan Curried Red Lentil Soup
- 1 ½ cups uncooked red lentils
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 carrots chopped into thick rounds (about 2 cups, 300 g)
- 3 stalks celery chopped (about 320 g)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14 oz can light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes with the juices
- 1 medium white onion diced (about 2 cups, 300 g)
- 1 tsp each cumin and coriander
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- Add the celery, carrots, garlic and onion into a soup-pot with a dash of water.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes. Then add additional water if it begins to dry-out.
- Add the spices and stir to blend and cook for a few minutes, including a splash more water if necessary. Then add diced tomatoes, lentils, stock and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes till the lentils are soft and almost mushy. Then stir in the soy sauce and coconut sugar (or gluten-free tamari).
- Serve immediately.