Broccoli salad is a mix of broccoli, bacon, red onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds and goat cheese. And topped with a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing. So simple, delicious and full of flavour!
In regards to salad recipes the majority of us gravitate towards leafy greens. And I will be the first to acknowledge that spinach is my salad of selection.
So when you’re searching for a tiny salad shakeup and need something which’s ideal for potlucks, picnics and barbecues, provide this broccoli salad a whirl.
This one an really simple broccoli salad. But do not let simple fool you, since this particular salad recipe is filled with flavor. It is equally crunchy, sweet, creamy and savory.
Excellent thing about a broccoli salad recipe is how simple it’s to customize. Raw broccoli creates the majority of the broccoli and salad, dried fruit, seeds and cheese are often included. However, you can tweak every one of these to your dietary taste.
If you want to use raisins instead of slivered almonds or dried cranberries rather than sunflower seeds, then do it. I have adding goat-cheese rather than cheddar-cheese as I like it in salads & I think that it adds great creaminess. However, you might also create this salad dairy-free.
Broccoli Salad Notes:
- Ensure that you’ve chopped the broccoli florets into small, bite-sized pieces. It makes it much easier to eat.
- If you are wondering what to do with all the broccoli stem, then spiralize it! You may totally spiralize a broccoli stem, just as you would a zucchini.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Easy Healthy Broccoli Salad Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Roasted Veggie Tacos
- Pan Fried Bao Buns
- Zucchini Rollatini
- Creamy Chicken Olivia
- Kung Pao Cauliflower
- Creamy Mushroom Vegan Risotto
Easy Healthy Broccoli Salad
For the Broccoli Salad
- 1 broccoli head approx 5 cups of florets
- ½ cup sunflower-seeds
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup dried-cranberries
- ¼ cup goat-cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup red-onion diced
For the Broccoli Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup plain-yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then add the bacon-slices to a parchment lined baking-tray & cook for 15minutes or till crispy. Remove the bacon in the oven and transfer to a paper-towel to cool and dry.
- While the bacon is cooking, slice all of the broccoli florets and be certain they are in bite-sized pieces.
- Add them into a large-mixing-bowl together with the dried cranberries, red onion, goat cheese and sunflower seeds.
- To make the dressing, add the yogurt and mayonnaise into a small-bowl & stir together. Add the dressing into the mixing-bowl and stir till all is well blended.