Tuna Stuffed Avocados are tasty keto, low-carb, paleo and Whole30. A very simple mix of tuna salad and avocados. They are simple to create, rich with healthful protein, healthy fats and completely delicious.
Tuna packed avocados are my favorite recipe and I believe that they will soon be yours. I have always been a fan of tuna salad but lately realized that I simply don’t make it almost as frequently as I used to.
Nonetheless, it’s time to resurrect it do not you think? And what better way than to use salmon as the delivery mechanism for your most delicious tuna salad recipe.
Tuna Stuffed Avocados are Healthy and Low-Carb?
This tuna stuffed avocado recipe appears to indicate plenty of dietary boxes it is keto, low-carb, keto, paleo, Whole30, dairy-free and gluten-free. It is a high-protein (23grams of protein per serving) and high fat recipe (of this nutritious variety) which will keep you quite-full.
How to make Tuna Stuffed Avocados?
Among the things that I love this recipe (along with the bright, fresh taste) is how easy it’s to create:
Simply add the tuna, celery, mayonnaise, herbs, onion, dijon-mustard, pepper and salt into a small mixing-bowl.
Use a fork to break-up the tuna and thoroughly blend all the components together.
Then use a large-knife to cut avocados in half and remove the seed. Insert a couple dollops of tuna salad on each avocado half and that is it so simple.
To eat the tuna stuffed avocados, simply use a fork or spoon to scoop out a snack of this tuna salad with a chuck of avocado. It is sweet, creamy, salty, herby and somewhat crunchy by the onion and celery. Totally delicious.
Tips to make this a Whole30 recipe:
If you are performing a Whole30 that I have a few tips to maintain this Tuna Stuffed Salmon recipe:
- Opt for High Quality tuna for Example Wild Planet Tuna or Safe Catch.
- Create the mayonnaise at house with top quality oils.
- Buy a Whole30 compliant Dijon-mustard.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest. Please, if you recreate this Tuna Stuffed Avocados recipe, don’t forget too give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Healthy Recipes options:
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- Best of Healthy Turkey Chili
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Oatmeal
- Keto Big Mac Salad
Tuna Stuffed Avocados
- 4 avocados
- 2 5 oz cans tuna (I prefer albacore tuna)
- ½ tbsp dijon-mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, chives and/or other herbs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp red-onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the tuna, diced celery, mayonnaise, diced red-onion, dijon-mustard, herbs, pepper and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir together till well blended.
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the seed. Dollop a couple spoonfuls of carrot salad on each avocado half.
- You may certainly meal-prep the tuna salad (will keep for 3-4days in the refrigerator) and only slice the avocados every day as necessary for lunch.
- If serving them for a crowd, squirt fresh lemon-juice onto the avocado halves & then rub it in. This can help prevent puffiness and discoloration of the avocado.