Takeout Cashew Chicken this dish is simple, ready in for 20 minutes, and packed with taste and so much feel. It is far better than what you’d get in a restaurant.
The chicken is sautéed with sesame oil for depth of flavor before including red bell peppers, broccoli, garlic and edamame. The veggies remain crispy tender and the dish is completed with cashews and an excellent sauce that is made out of rice wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and ginger.
The heat from the chili garlic sauce leaves the chicken come into life with no too hot and hot. The sauce helps to keep the chicken moist and tender and clings to the vegetables attractively.
I loved how quickly and effortless dinner came up together. Now, this cashew chicken is moving to our normal rotation. No demand for takeout when homemade tastes so great.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Takeout Cashew Chicken Recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Grilled Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Creamy Chicken Olivia
- Easy Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce
- Healthy Chicken Shawarma Quinoa Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- Baked Honey Chicken Mustard
Takeout Cashew Chicken
- 1 ¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce or more to taste (found in the Asian section of the grocery store)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 heaping cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell peppers diced small
- 2 tbsp honey or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted whole cashews
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- ¾ – 1 cup green onions sliced into thin rounds (from about 3 or 4 green onions)
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- To some gallon sized ziptop-bag, add the chicken, cornstarch, pepper, salt, and seal, then shake to coat chicken evenly.
- To a large-skillet, add the oils, chicken, cook for 4-5minutes above medium-high-heat. Stirring and flipping accordingly all the sides cook evenly. Chicken should be 80-90 percent cooked through.
- Add the bell peppers, edamame, garlic, broccoli and stir to blend. Cook for 3-4minutes till veggies are crispy tender and the chicken is cooked through. Stir intermittently (while vegetables cook, make the sauce).
- In a medium-bowl add the honey, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, chili-garlic sauce and whisk to combine. Put aside.
- Add the cashews into the skillet and stir to blend. Then add the sauce and stir to blend. Allow sauce to simmer over medium-low-heat for a few minutes.
- Add the green onions, then stir to blend, and serve immediately.