Pasta is one of my absolute favorite things to eat, and once I created this one, I understood I needed to talk about. It is pretty much creating a fast white-sauce, then mixing it together with sun dried tomatoes that brings a burst. Adding chilli-flakes gives it a warmth, which means you put in up with an extremely yummy creamy & hot sun dried tomato sauce.
As well as being Vegan, this Pasta recipe is:
• Made largely from ingredients which you are able to keep in your cabinet, which makes it effortless for all those nights that you want to whip up a dinner minute.
• Fast to create, approximately 30minutes (+ long it takes to cook your pasta).
• Gluten-free should you use gluten-free pasta.
SOME NOTES FOR YOU:
I used jarred sun dried tomatoes which also had garlic and herbs contained. I have not attempted using sun dried tomatoes which are not in oil and minus the additional flavourings yet so I am unsure whether this could impact the flavour. Should you give it a visit, I’d really like to understand how it went from the comments!
To produce this gluten-free use your favorite gluten free pasta. I really like Research Cuisine organic chickpea pasta. I discovered it’s a very similar feel to wheat pasta plus it’s also a good much healthier option.
I love to serve my own pasta under a major number of baby-spinach or rocket. You might also stir the greens throughout the pasta in the end if you’d like that. You can definitely pick any vegetable you prefer however. I believe mushrooms could work good too, simply put them if sautéing the onion!
Should you make this recipe, then I’d love that you tell me how it went from the comments below (do not forget to leave a star score).
If you like this recipe, you may also like these recipes: Cozy Autumn Wild Rice Soup, Mexican Street Corn Tostadas, Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich, Butternut Squash And Black Bean Enchilada Skillet, Ricotta And Spinach Calzones, Easy Vegetable Lasagna Gluten Free.
CREAMY SPICY SUN DRIED TOMATO PASTA
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp + ½ tsp extra virgin-olive-oil
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 250 g uncooked penne-pasta
- 2 cups unsweetened almond-milk
- ½ + ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (jarred in oil, with garlic and herbs included), drained from any oil
- 3 large big handfuls of rocket or baby-spinach
- 1 tbsp nutritional-yeast
- 1 tsp chilli-flakes, or to taste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ tsp salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook your pasta in accordance with the package directions, but leave pasta only slightly undercooked, put aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive-oil into a large skillet over moderate to high-heat. Once hot, add garlic & cook 2minutes or till lightly browned. Mix at cornflour & cook for a further minute. Insert ½ tsp of salt & 1 cup of almond-milk, so making certain the mix is smooth beside from garlic. If it has thickened, add the remaining cup of almond-milk. If it has thickened slightly (it will grow further when mixed ), pour it in a blender.
- Insert ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, nutritional elements & ⅓ cup water into the blender & mix till smooth, put aside.
- Wipe the skillet and then warm up ½ tsp oil. Cut the residual sun dried berries to be approximately 2cm pieces. Add this together with the onion into the pan and then sauté for 3minutes. Add chilli-flakes & dried oregano and cook for a further minute. If it sticks to the skillet, add a dash of water.
- Pour the sauce to the pan, making sure the heat is reduced to moderate to block it from sticking. After the sauce is warmed through, add the pasta. Add pepper to taste & some additional salt or a dash of water if necessary. After the pasta is heated through, pour this along with the greens.