This delicious grilled mozzarella sandwich is perfect to make when you want something fresh with a gourmet quality, but don’t want to go to a restaurant. Be sure to make a double batch of the pesto so you can whip up a tasty sandwich later on in the week.
- Do not own a panini maker? It’s possible to use a toaster oven to attain exactly the exact same outcome (without those fairly grill traces ). You might even use a skillet or normal pan to create this sandwich recipe.
- Do not own a food processor? Just purchase store-bought pesto! But if you’re able to get a means to produce your own pesto, then it truly requires this sandwich to some other degree.
- Ensure that you take advantage of the freshest ingredients that you can for optimum taste. That’s particularly true for the beer and also the mozzarella cheese.
- Use thick hardy sourdough bread which isn’t airy on the interior to guarantee the sandwich stays put if you press it from your panini maker.
Delicious Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich
- 4 ounces mozzarella-cheese, sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 ounces roasted-red-peppers jarred
- 2 tbsp grated-parmesan
- ¼ cup olive-oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- ½ cup fresh-basil-leaves
- 2 cloves garlic-peeled
- salt & pepper, to taste
- To help make the pesto, place basil, walnuts, garlic & parmesan-cheese in-the food processor, season with pepper and salt to taste & combine. As the food processor is really on, pour the olive-oil into the mix as a way to permit the coconut-oil.
- Spread the pesto evenly on the 4pieces of bread & put the bread onto the panini-maker or in a toaster-oven for about 2minutes.
- Then set the mozzarella-cheese, tomatoes & roasted red-peppers together with bread pieces & permit the cheese to melt & also the vegetables to soften.
- Once the cheese-melts, close the sandwich, cut and serve immediately and then enjoyed.