Bring a classic-steakhouse dish house using this Creamed Spinach recipe. Tender spinach leaves fill a creamy, garlic-infused bechamel-sauce for the ideal side for your favourite steak, seafood and much more.
Creamed Spinach is a quintessential steakhouse side! You can see how simple it’s to create this wealthy, delicately-flavored dish in your home with fresh spinach and homemade cream-sauce.
With a tips , it is also simple to make this essential part of the steakhouse expertise to your dinner table. Get your serving dish prepared!
Look more Vegetarian recipes? You can checks this recipes
- Burst Tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce
- Rainbow Vegetarian Pad Thai with Peanuts and Basil
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Herby Cauliflower Salad with Chickpeas
- One Pot Vegetarian Spaghetti
Healthy Creamed Spinach
- 2 lbs spinach leaves, cleaned
- 2 cups half and half or whole-milk
- 6 tbsp unsalted-butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose-flour
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow-onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp freshly-grated nutmeg
- kosher-salt and freshly-ground black-pepper
- pinch cayenne-pepper (Optional)
- Bring a large-pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Blanch the spinach in 2-3 batches (based on how big the pot), only till tender for 30-40minutes. Strain the spinach-leaves from the water & dip them in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain well & squeeze or press excess water from the spinach at a fine mesh sieve or a clean kitchen towel. (For the creamiest-spinach do not skip this step!) If desired, roughly chop the spinach.
- In a large-pot or skillet, melt-butter till foaming subsides. Add onions using 1/2 tsp kosher-salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Saute till onions start to soften for 4-5minutes. Add garlic and cook till aromatic for a few minute.
- Stir in flour & cook, stirring for a few minute. While continuing to stir, pour half and half to the kettle in a continuous flow. Insert an extra 1/2 tsp kosher-salt, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and cayenne pepper (if using). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer till sauce is thickened and coats the back of a spoon for 3-4minutes.
- Add spinach to the pot & stir well till well blended. It requires a little stirring to receive all the spinach leaves evenly coated with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, then add a little additional milk or half and half till the desired consistency is attained.
- Season to taste with pepper and salt then serve.
- Baby spinach has a more delicate taste than regular or mature spinach & will give a milder dish. If you want a more powerful-spinach taste, use routine spinach-leaves, but be sure to wash them well & remove tough stems when buying in a lot. Normal spinach ought to be chopped after blanching.
- You could even substitute an equivalent quantity of chopped-spinach, cooked according to package directions and drained well.
- Make Cheesy: Stir 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano to the sauce. Remember that the cheese will thicken the sauce a little, so you may need to add a little additional cream or milk to taste, when the spinach is included. The cheese will even add salt, therefore fix your salt developments to flavor.
- Make Smoky: Combine 4-5 pieces of thick-cut-bacon & begin the sauce by sauteing it till crispy on your skillet. Remove the bacon & 2 tbsp of drippings in the pan. Insert 1/4 cup unsalted-butter & then proceed with the recipe as written, stirring the crisped-bacon back in the sauce once you add the spinach.
- Make it Nutty: Pour 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts to the spinach before serving.
This Creamy Steak Fettuccine is super delicious and you will definitely make it again! The cheesy sauce was perfect and the balsamic glaze is the perfect finishing touch…. Read More