Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas – one of my favourite mexican meals are enchiladas. Made with shredded chicken, green chiles and mozzarella. Made just 40 minutes this is SO TASTY!
I am not mad about the red sauce enchiladas. The reddish sauce can on occasion be so overpowering in flavor for me which I can not really taste the different flavours in the dish. And occasionally my acid reflux disagrees with whatever red. Input the white sauce. This is up my street.
A light-tasting sour cream sauce which has a sign of warmth from the green chiles. You can taste all the flavors in those creamy chicken enchiladas, the chicken, the tortillas along with the creamy cheese. It’s such a wonderful mixture of tastes which go so well with a side of refried beans and rice.
Maybe you like this others recipe:
- Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
- Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchilada Skillet
Easy Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken can use a store-bought rotisserie-chicken
- 2 cups shredded monterey-jack cheese or mozzarella
- 10 flour-tortillas
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced green-chiles (4 oz)
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour-cream
- 3 tbsp butter
- salt, pepper and adobo-seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray 9×13" baking dish with non-stick cooking-spray.
- It is possible to cook your chicken a few ways. You can roast a few chicken breasts from the oven. Simply drizzle a little bit of olive oil and season with pepper and salt and cook for approximately 35-45minutes.
- Or you could boil your chicken until cooked. Or you might use a store bought rotisserie-chicken. It only depends upon how long you need to prepare this and also what taste you want from the chicken. The roasted and rotisserie chicken will supply you with the maximum flavor.
- Once chicken is cooked, then you're going to want to shred it with 2 forks. Or in case you've got a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, then set your chicken into the mixing bowl. Turn mixer on and inside a second your chicken is going to be absolutely stained.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to shredded chicken together with salt, salt and adobo (if using). Then put chicken mixture in each of the flour tortillas.
- Roll up them and set them in the baking dish and in a medium sauce-pan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook & simmer for a minute. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in sour-cream and green-chiles. Make certain not to allow the mixture boil. Take sauce off the heat and put it on the enchiladas.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for Around 20-25minutes.
- If you would like, you can turn the broiler on top and broil them for a moment or two till cheese is slighly browned & bubbly.