Sweet and Sour Chicken – this sweet and sour sauce serve with rice and fresh vegetables for the perfect dinner! I am so excited to talk about this sweet and sour chicken recipe that my family absolutely loves. This recipe will surely be going on your “favorites file”.
So nice and certainly worth making it home made! It is what helps take this sweet and sour chicken recipe into another level. Plus it is quite simple to make and its just need simple ingredients below to begin.
Looking more Tasty chicken recipe? Check this out my recommended recipes:
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Garlic Basil Chicken with Tomato Butter Sauce
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Sweet and Sour Chicken
For the Chicken
- 1¼ lbs chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ½ cup canola-oil
- ¾ cup corn-starch
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic-salt
- ½ tsp kosher-salt
For the Sweet Sour Sauce
- ½ cup rice-vinegar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a rimmed baking-sheet with foil. Put aside.
- Set the chicken, corn-starch, salt, pepper and garlic-salt in a large ziplock-bag & shake till the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture & put in the skillet with a fork.
- Fry each side of the chicken for approximately two minutes per piece and put chicken on the pan. Eliminate the burnt oil then heating up the remainder of the oil and then complete the chicken.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together all the ingredients to the sauce. Then pour the sauce on the chicken and bake for 20minutes.
- Pull out the chicken and turn the chicken to evenly coat it with sauce. Then bake for another 15-20minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and veggies.