This is a great Vegan broccoli rice casserole recipe. It has got excellent flavor. The creamy-like sauce created with the nutrient yeast is really yummy!
For the recipe, we just make our rice according to the package instructions. Then we create a roux in a large-pan with flour and oil.
Then we adding in boiling water along with the seasonings and then cook it for a few minutes, stir the nutrient yeast.
Eventually we combine it all together using all the broccoli and rice, and then pop it into the oven about 15minutes. We know you will love it, just like we did!
To make this recipe all the ingredients you need are not difficult to prepare. I think everything is available in your kitchen cabinet. But if the materials are not yet available, you will find them at the nearest grocery store.
Make sure you cook the rice not too soft and also make sure you cut the small size broccoli so you can easily eat it. Don’t hesitate to adjust all the ingredients listed in this recipe.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthy Broccoli Salad
- Pan Fried Bao Buns
- Easy Roasted Veggie Tacos
- Zucchini Rollatini
- Creamy Chicken Olivia
- Kung Pao Cauliflower
Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 cups white-rice
- 10 oz broccoli
- 1 cup nutritional-yeast
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose-flour (I use regular low cal)
- ½ cup soy-margarine
- 1 tbsp soy-sauce or 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 ½ tsp garlic-powder or 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 3 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the broccoli for 6minutes. Then prepare the rice according to package instructions.
- Spread the cooked rice evenly across the bottom of a 13×9″ baking-dish. Sprinkle the broccoli on the corn and put aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine in a medium-sauce-pan over low-heat. Beat in the flour with a whisk over medium heat till the mixture is bubbly and smooth.
- Then whisk in the boiling water, soy sauce, onion powder, tumeric, garlic and salt. Cook the sauce till it thickens and bubbles, stirring continuously. Then whip in the yeast. Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the rice and broccoli, sprinkle the top with paprika and bake for 15minutes.
- If desired, put pan under broiler for a couple of minutes till the sauce is crusty and browned.
- Serve and enjoy!