This basil chickpea coconut curry comes together in 20 minutes! Serve with jasmine rice or your preferred naan, or even both! So simple and rich of flavour.
It is super simple. It is so yummy. You are able to make it within a couple of minutes! I really like that. And today it seems exactly like the recipe too. Adding anything I have on hand from your kitchen such as shrimpor chicken , distinct herbs, much other beans.
One combo I just can not get enough of is coconut curry plus basil. I typically adore it using chicken, so that I knew it’d be fantastic using chickpeas!
The best thing about it’s the fact that it is the greatest pantry meal such as as dried basil, curry powder, beans, coconut milk, rice, even if you would like it. And of course a few other tasty things, such as garlic and lime and ginger.
I mean, it’s super simple and ridiculously yummy. And! It comes together SO quick. The curry will be carried out in 15 or 20 minutes.
Basil Chickpea Coconut Curry
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ½ small sweet onion diced (about 1/4 cup)
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ tbsp dried basil
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder or more
- 1-2 14 oz cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- rice for serving
- naan for serving
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat then add the olive oil.
- When it is hot, add the peppers, onion, ginger and garlic with a pinch of pepper and salt. Cook till the onions soften for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and curry powder. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the chickpeas.
- Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Taste and season with more salt, salt or lime juice if needed. Stir in the fresh basil.
- Serve with your favorite rice, naan or just in the bowl by itself!
Please, if you like this recipe. You can PIN it to your favorite board NOW! Thank you.
You can see the full recipe here howsweeteats.
Try these Delicious Recipes options:
- Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Vegan Curry Ramen Noodles
- Vegan Rice Paper Bacon
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Vegan BBQ Chickpea Salad