This Vegan Taco Salad includes delicious tortilla chips,lentil taco meat, avocado, pasta, corn, legumes and fast and simple dish sour-cream. It is easily customizable to anything you’ve got available and can be meal-prepped for a quick-lunch on-the-go.
This lentil taco salad is simple to create, full of nourishment, high in protein, gluten-free, oil-free and vegan. Enjoy as is or personalize with added ingredients such as bell peppers, grated carrot, red onion or pops. Topped with a simple tofu-based sour-cream, you will love this hearty, filling plant-based salad!
You’ll need Ingredients:
- Lentil taco meat
- Romaine lettuce
- Tortilla chips
- Extra veggies
How to make Lentil Taco Meat?
To create lentil taco meat you will need 2 cups of cooked green or brown lentils. To cook the lentils:
- Bring 2.25 cups of water to a boil at a medium-sized sauce-pan.
- Reduce heat, add 1 cup of dry green or brown-lentils, cover and reduce to a light-simmer.
- Cook about 20minutes till the lentils are tender.
While the lentils end cooking, you may start creating the lentil taco meat recipe. To produce the taco “meat”, add 1 cup of diced white-onion into a skillet with 1/2 cup of water along with the spices.
When you’ve cooked up that, add the currently cooked lentils and blend well. Heat for another couple of minutes till everything is blended together. You might require a small extra water or vegetable-broth when it sounds a littledry.
Besides this sour-cream, I made some spicy chipotle-sauce. If you would like to attempt it, combine 1/2 cup of soft-tofu with 1 chipotle- pepper in adobo and 1 teaspoon of sauce. Add 2 tablespoons lime-juice,1 tablespoon maple-syrup and a pinch of salt and enjoy as an added topping.
How to make Vegan Sour Cream?
To make the sour cream, you will require 1/2 cup of tofu along with a blender or immersion blender. You might also simply whisk it with a fork but a blender will generate a smoother effect.
Mix the tofu with apple lemon, garlic powder and cider vinegar and enjoy as an alternative to tofu.
Homemade Tortilla Chips?
You may use any type of tortilla chips or crackers or this recipe but I needed to discuss a fast, simple and healthy way to create your own chips! To make your own tortilla chips:
- Turn the oven on to broil
- Cut corn-tortilla onto triangles
- Set them on a baking-dish and sprinkle with pepper, salt and if desirable. Other spices such as onion-powder and paprika.
- Broil till crispy, turning after and taking care not to burn them they’ll burn quickly as soon as they turn brownish so watch carefully! They simply take a couple of minutes each side.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Vegan Taco Salad recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try other delicious vegan recipes options:
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili
- Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
Vegan Taco Salad
For the Lentil Taco Meat
- 2 cups cooked-green or brown-lentils
- 1 tsp each onion-powder, garlic-powder, cumin and chili-powder
- ½ tsp each paprika and oregano
- 1 cup finely diced white-onion
- ½ cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tofu Sour Cream
- ½ cup soft-tofu
- 1 tbsp apple cider-vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- pinch of sea-salt
- 1 tbsp lemon-juice
For the Salad
- romaine lettuce
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- black-beans, refried-beans or pinto-beans
- To create the lentil taco filling, add the diced-onion & spices into a skillet with a few tbsp of the water. Cook about 5minutes within medium-high heat till tender and fragrant.
- Add the cooked lentils & the remaining portion of the water then cook for a couple more minutes till the lentils are warmed through and coated in the spices. If necessary, add a little bit of additional water if it begins to dry out.
- To create the tofu sour-cream, combine all of the ingredients together till smooth.
- To make the salads, put in a small number of romaine lettuce into a bowl then top with avocado, corn, beans and tomato. Add a few tbsp and roughly 1/2 cup of this lentil mix to every salad.
PIN IT FOR LATER!