This healthful ginger quinoa bowl recipe is an tasty, vegan and protein-packed dish ideal for a busy weeknight. Ready in only 10 minutes, full of veggies and a lot of flavor!
When you are tired and do not feel like cooking, what can you do? For me it is always a stir-fry. What I really like about stir-fries is they’re quick, easy and will pretty much be made with anything you’ve got in your refrigerator.
A medley of vegetables, some grain and perhaps some protein. Sauteed with some flavorings and dinner is finished!
All these ginger quinoa bowls are a semi-spin on a few of the classic stir fry recipes. We are just amping the ginger up as why the hell not!? Ginger-rocks, it is fantastic for your digestion and it really goes so nicely with quinoa!
Looking for delicious healthy vegan recipes? Check this out my recommended recipe.
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Taco Bowls with Creamy Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- Vegan Creamy Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- Delicious Lentil Quinoa Bowls
- Easy Vegetable Lasagna Gluten-Free
Vegan Ginger Quinoa Bowl
- 1 tbsp brown-rice vinegar
- ½ cup scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame-oil
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 bell-pepper julienned
- 1 tbsp wheat-free tamari
- 3 tbsp white-sesame-seeds
- 1 tsp grated fresh-ginger
- 2 cups cooked red-quinoa or any variety
- 1 small zucchini julienned
- 1 cup broccoli-florets
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toast your sesame-seeds. Put the seeds in a skillet and toss till they start to brown and are somewhat fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
- Heat the sesame-oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add veggies (except scallions), sauteing till they start to soften for 3-5minutes.
- Don't hesitate to throw in a dash of water to give the vegetables a little-steam, this can speed-up the cooking process.
- Once as they are softened, add the grated-ginger & sprinkle with pepper and salt. Saute together for a few minutes.
- Add the quinoa into the pan, together with the toasted sesame-seeds, brown-rice vinegar and tamari.
- Stir together to combine the flavors. Before you are ready to serve, gently fold on your scallions.