This is veggie, classic, grain & also tahini-buddha bowl that is hearty, filling and ideal for meal preparation.
These vegan red lentil quinoa bowls are filled with nutrition and ideal for meal prep. They comprise red-lentils, quinoa, roasted-squash and carrot, lemon tahini sauce and broccoli to for a filling, buddha-bowl-style meal.
Here’s what you will need to make this lentil and grain buddha-bowl:
- Roasted butternut squash and carrots. You are going to require a medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed and approximately 1 carrot perbowl.
- Red-lentils. Red lentils are full of protein, minerals and vitamins and require only 15minutes to cook. These may also be cookedin in advance.
- Quinoa. Quinoa is among the maximum protein entire grains and can be obviously fermented. It’s a nutty flavour which operates nicely in this recipe. Quinoa requires 15minutes, but can make in advance for quick assembly.
- Tahini-sauce. Tahini lemon sauce is ideal for buddha-bowls. It is creamy, so tatsy and simple to make with ingredients.
- Steamed-broccoli. Steamed broccoli. The steamed broccoli is the one thing I would not advise making beforehand, but you may absolutely wash and chop the broccoli in advance.
Here is how to I cook the Quinoa:
- Bring water to a boil, with a 2:1 ratio of water into quinoa.
- Add the quinoa, cover & reduce to a light-simmer.
- Cook for 15minutes and then remove from heat & let stand for 5minutes without removing the lid.
- Fluff with a fork & it’s ready to go.
If you make this recipe, make certain to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You could even share this recipe on your social media.
LENTIL QUINOA BOWL
For the Bowls
- 1 tsp olive-oil for roasting the squash & carrots
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (or about 1cup chopped per bowl)
- 4 cups peeled & cubed butternut-squash (or about 1cup per bowl)
- 4 large carrots (or about ½cup chopped per bowl)
- 2 cups red-lentils (or ½cup cooked per bowl)
- 2 cups cooked-quinoa (or ½cup cooked per bowl)
- salt & pepper
For the Lemon Tahini-Sauce
- 4 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup lemon-juice
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- ½ tsp sea-salt
- water to thin, slowly add & whisk until you reach your desired consistency
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Add the peeled & cubed butternut-squash and sliced carrot into a roasting tray. Add 1 tsp olive-oil & generous sprinkling of sea-salt and pepper, then use the hands to blend.
- Roast for 35-45minutes till tender.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli & cook the quinoa & lentils when you have not prepared them beforehand.
- To create the tahini-sauce, then throw the ingredients together till creamy & smooth.
- To assemble, divide everything involving 4 bowls or containers and serve straight away.
- To cook quinoa, add 2cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup uncooked quinoa, reduce heat to a light simmer, then cover and cook for 15minutes. Remove from heat & off the quinoa with a fork.
- To cook red-lentils, bring 2cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1 cup dry-lentils, cover & cook for 15-20minutes till tender.
Maybe you wanna make this recipes at home and i think your family will love it!
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Cauliflower Taco Bowls with Creamy Vegan Cilantro Ranch
- Easy Vegetable Lasagna
- Burst Tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce