Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is soothing and creamy, budget-friendly and additionally quite simple to create! Fantastic for a weeknight meal. This Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is my own kind of comfort food. My grandma produces a similar soup on the stovetop and it was my favourite food for a kid. Each time that I see her, I request the renowned soup.
Nowthis Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is extremely simple to create and it smells yummy! Even the crockpot does all of the heavy liftingall you need to do is wait. The soup is remarkably creamy, with yummy bacon pieces and sweet cheddar cheese . Drink it high with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, just as you’d rather eat a baked potato.
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
- 10 slices cooked-bacon (diced)
- 5 cups chicken-broth (low sodium)
- 2 lbs Yukon gold-potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium sweet-onion (diced)
- 6 garlic-cloves (minced)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black-pepper
- 1 tbsp dried-parsley
- ½ cup sour-cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar-cheese
- 4 tbsp unsalted-butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 12 oz evaporated-milk (half and half or heavy cream)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 12 oz evaporated-milk
- Chopped green-onions
- Cooked bacon
- Shredded cheddar-cheese
- Add diced-potatoes, diced onion, minced-garlic, cooked bacon, dried parsley and chicken broth into the slow-cooker. Season with pepper & salt.
- Stir & cook for 6-8 hours on low or high for 3-4hours.
- When the soup has cooked, add butter into a medium-sauce pan over moderate heat & melt. Whisk in the flour until fully mixed and slowly add the evaporated milk or heavy cream, based on which one you're using.
- Whisk well the flour mixture, until smooth. With the warmth on the bottom stove setting, allow the mixture cook until it begins to simmer and is becoming warmer, stir occasionally.
- Instantly add the milk-flour mix to the slow-cooker and stir to blend.
Or make the Cornstarch Mixture
- If you do not need to create the Roux-Mixture, then you may earn a Cornstarch Mixture to thicken soup. Just be certain that you choose one and do not make both.
- Blend cornstarch & evaporated milk in a medium-bowl. Whisk until cornstarch is totally dissolved & the mixture is smooth with no clumps. Instantly add the milk-cornstarch mix to the slow cooker and stir to blend.
After the Thickening Mixture was added
- With a potato-masher, mash about 3/4 of those potatoes. In case you have time, allow the soup cook another 30 mins in order for it to thicken.
- Stir in the cheddar-cheese & sour-cream. Stir well, until completely blended & creamy. Season with pepper & salt.
- If the soup is too thick, add more WARM chicken broth or water, then be certain that you first warm it up in the microwave before its hot. Taste and correct for salt & pepper.
- Cover & continue cooking the soup on low for half an hour or on top for 15 mins. If you additional liquid, then be certain that you allow the soup simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Serve warm, garnished with cheese, bacon, green-onions & sour-cream.
- The soup can also be refrigerated for up to 3days.
- The soup will thicken much more once it cools. When warming up it, add more water, broth or milk to thicken it. Taste and correct for salt & pepper and if you inserted the excess liquid, then make it into a mild simmer for a couple of minutes.