This Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl is filled with healthy ingredients such as farro, chickpeas, carrot, sautéed-brussels sprouts and steamed-broccoli, all topped with a tasty tahini-miso-sauce. This healthier plant-based bowl is ideal for when you want something healthy but satisfyinh. Filled with flavour and nourishment, you will love this filling dish.
Here’s what you’ll need Ingredients to make this Nourishing Bowl:
Farro, is a chewy, nutty historical wheat. Should you want a gluten free option, you may use quinoa or rice at its place however if no, farro is the best grain to get this bowl.
Chickpeas, you will need 2 cups of roasted chickpeas or chickpeas cooked from scratch, or approximately 1/2 cup each bowl. One 14 ounce can of chickpeas is approximately 1.5 cups, so when that is all you’ve got on hand, you may use somewhat less bowl or pop open another could.
Tahini miso sauce, this tahini miso sauce is really yummy and the ideal means to bring these wholesome ingredients together. To make it, you need miso-paste, tahini, maple-syrup, soy-sauce, garlic and apple cider vinegar.
Veggies, carrots, broccoli and brussel sprouts deliver lots of flavour, nutrients and texture to your dish.
This beautiful bowl is about easy, entire plant foods which taste so good! This recipe is vegan, sugar-free, oil-free and may be gluten-free if you switch the farro for quinoa or rice.
Like nearly all of my bowl recipes, this one is elastic! Here are some choices for substitutions:
- add baked-tofu for more protein.
- add diced bell-peppers.
- try grated-beet instead of carrot.
- use any sweet-potato or roasted-potato or whole-grain in place of farro.
- try cooked-lentils instead of chickpeas.
- try topped with miso gravy or lemon tahini sauce.
How to make Meal Prep these bowl?
- make the miso-tahini dressing & put in the refrigerator.
- cook the farro and then put in the refrigerator.
- wash and chop the brussels-sprouts and broccoli then store uncooked. You’ve the choice to cook them beforehand but I favor veggies freshly cooked as soon as potential.
- open canned chickpeas, drain and wash then keep in a container so that they’re prepared to go. Alternately, you can cook chickpeas from scratch.
To prep them as whole meals prepared to proceed, cook everything and prepare the bowls 4 containers. Keep the dressing separate in a different container before serving.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Skinny Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked-farro
- 1 cup grated-carrot
- 2 cups cooked-chickpeas
- 6 cups broccoli-florets
- 4 cups halved brussels-sprouts
- 1 batch miso-tahini-sauce
- Cook the farro in accordance with package directions.
- Wash and chop the broccoli and also prepare the brussels-sprouts but cutting off the stems & chopping each in half.
- Add the halved brussel-sprouts into a skillet about ⅓ cup water. Cover and steam over high-heat about 6-7minutes. Examine the skillet, if totally dry then add a few more splashes of water & continue cooking uncovered so that they begin to brown a little.
- This entire procedure should take for 10 minutes. While the brussels-sprouts steaming, add the chopped-broccoli into a steaming-basket & steam about 5-6minutes till tender but still a bit crisp. They ought to be bright green when cooked.
- If using canned-chickpeas, wash and drain. Peel and grate the carrot then blend the miso-tahini dressing in accordance with the recipe.
- When the farro is cooked, then add ½ cup every day to 4 containers or bowls. Split the remaining ingredients involving the 4 bowls. Drizzle with tahini sauce and revel in.