This Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili recipe with black beans and kidney is full of flavor and hearty. Making a fantastic vegan dinner, lunch or meal-prep thought! Contains slow-cooker and stovetop options.
This particular vegetarian Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili, are what I actually love to discuss. As we could find a little bored with the typical meals, it is wonderful to have simpler choices which come together within a snap.
I enjoy finding these easy dishes that really function and could be created over and over again. I understand you are going to enjoy this chili and wind up making it frequently throughout the weather season!
Why is this chili recipe so great?
There is nothing complex in this recipe, everything is most likely in your kitchen right now, or you may discover straight away in your favorite grocery shop.
This thick and hearty sweet potato & quinoa chili has lots of nourishment, essential-fiber, minerals and vitamins while being yummy and satisfying.
It is gluten-free, nicely balanced, very low-fat and contains an option to be oil-free!
You’ll need Ingredients:
- Sweet potato
- Tomato paste
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl
- Skinny Vegan Crunchwrap Supreme
- Chipotle Vegan Burrito with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos with Jalapeno Cilantro Sauce
- Vegan Thai Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili
- 1 large sweet-potato (about 1 lb), diced (with or without skin)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive-oil or ¼ cup water (for water-saute)
- 1½ tbsp chili-powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- a few dashes of onion-powder
- himalayan-salt, to taste
- a few dashes of garlic-powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 can kidney-beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes (with juices) or 1½ cups diced fresh-tomatoes
- 1 can tomato-paste (6 oz)
- 1 can black-beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 5-6 cups water or vegetable-broth (or combo)
Optional garnish for serving
- diced onion or jalapeno
- diced avocado
- In dutch-oven or large-pot, heat oil on moderate heat. Add onions, cook till tender and edges browned for 5-6minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for a few minutes. Add the cumin, chili-powder, garlic, oregano & garlic-powder, beans, quinoa, sweet-potato, diced tomatoes, tomato-paste and broth/water, stir till blended.
- Bring to a boil, reduce-heat, cover slightly ajar and cook for 30-40minutes, stirring periodically. Chili is prepared when sweet-potatoes are tender. Add additional water as necessary.
- Add all of the beans, cumin, garlic, sweet-potatoes, onion, diced tomatoes, quinoa, tomato-paste, chili-powder, oregano, garlic & onion-powder and broth/water towards the bottom of the crockpot add, stir till blended.
- Turn on-high and cook for 4-6hours or switch on-low and cook for 6-8hours.
PIN IT FOR LATER!