These Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls recipe is in fact really simple and it will be on your bowl under one-hour. All you need to make it just cook your own grain, pan-fry tofu and saute a few veggies.
I utilized my new Hawaiian fruit as the inspiration for this Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls! You understand a recipe is a winner once you just finished eating it and you are already dreaming about the next time you have to consume it. It has got a little bit of salty, sweet, salty, crispy.
The very first thing that you need to do is press on your tofu. You need to press all of the water outside for approximately 20 minutes!
Utilize a tofu press should you’ve got one. Then simply marinate it into your favourite BBQ sauce and pan fry till it is crispy and nice on the surface!
I used quinoa as the base grain for my own bowl, but I guess brown rice or some other whole grain would work nicely here, also. Next from the assembly line is veggies. I sauteed zucchini and bell peppers, then slice some red-onion and then toss those on there, also.
For the pineapple, I sliced it thin & grilled it in my skillet for a few minute on each side, just for a little extra something. This is completely optional however! When you are ready to construct your dishes, add the vegetables, tofu, quinoa, pineapple, as well as some other toppings you desire.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan BBQ Chickpea Salad
- BBQ Chicken Bowls with Sweet Potato and Coleslaw
- Vegan Beef Empanadas with Cheese
- Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Cauliflower and Chickpea Masala
- Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
- Fully Loaded Burger Bowls
Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls
- 1 14 oz package extra firm-tofu
- ½ cup barbecue-sauce or more for topping
- ⅔ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ red-onion thinly sliced
- ½ pineapple cored and sliced
- bell-peppers thinly sliced
- zucchini thinly sliced
- oil for cooking
Optional for Topping
- coconut flakes, cilantro, avocado
- Drain the tofu then wrap in many paper-towels. Put from the sink. Put a heavy object (for example: a massive pot with a hefty weight indoors) along with the tofu to press out the water. Allow the tofu drain for 20-30minutes.
- Rinse quinoa in a little-mesh-strainer. Heat a small-saucepan over moderate heat then add quinoa and cook about 12minutes or till lightly toasted. Add 1 1⁄3 cups water, turn heat to high. After boiling, cover and cook about 13-15minutes or till fluffy.
- Slice the drained tofu into thin 1⁄2 inch chunks. Put in a medium-bowl, add barbecue-sauce. Let it simmer for up to 10minutes.
- In a skillet over moderate heat, warm up a oil then add zucchini and bell-peppers, stir fry. Cook for 5-7minutes or till veggies are your preferred tenderness. Put aside in a plate or bowl.
- Add a bit more oil to the exact same skillet, add the tofu. Pan-fry for 2-3minutes or till crispy. Flip the tofu-chunks and cook on the other side for an extra 2-3minutes. Repeat till the tofu is crispy.
- To organize a bowl, then add cooked quinoa, tofu and veggies. Top with pineapple slices, red-onion, additional barbecue-sauce, along with other desired toppings.
PIN IT FOR LATER!