Enjoy the comforting flavors of the season in this Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad it’s sweet and salty in a healthy dish that’s great for serving as a side at your dinner. These is vegan & gluten-free, so very healthful and so delicious!
I wished to make a dish which comprised ALL of these seasonal foods. Thus, throw them together with quinoa and call it a salad!
I am pretty sure my romance with quinoa won’t ever end. It is just perfect, is not it? It makes the great protein-packed foundation for mean green Brussels sprouts, tender butternut squash, juicy-pomegranate-seeds, and crispy-pecans! Oh, and the orange-juice dressing gives it a ideal tartness which will have you going back for seconds.
I have been enjoying a bowl of the lunch with a few chickpeas additional for additional nutrition, but I plan on bringing this into our dinner! It is the best side-dish as it utilizes freshingredients and is still a good combination of salty and sweet.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other Delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Vegan Rice Paper Bacon
- Killer Vegan Chili
- Black Bean Buddha Bowl with Avocado Pesto
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- Quinoa Power Bowls with Maple Chipotle Brussels and Smoky Butternut Squash
Fall Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- ⅔ cup dry-quinoa
- 3 cups butternut squash, cut into ½-inch chunks
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 medium pomegranate, deseeded
- 2 tbsp balsamic-vinegar
- 1 small orange, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp hemp-seeds (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking-sheet with parchment-paper or grease with cooking-spray.
- Put brussels-sprouts on a single side of the pan and butternut-squash on the other side, or you may use 2-pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove brussels-sprouts and set into a large- bowl. Pour squash into the oven and bake about15-20minutes, till tender. Increase to the bowl with brussels-sprouts.
- While the veggies are baking, then rinse quinoa in a little mesh strainer. Heat a small-saucepan over moderate heat then add quinoa. Cook for a few minutes till lightly toasted.
- Then add 1 ⅓ cups water, turn heat to high. After boiling, cover and cook for 13-15minutes, till fluffy.
- In a small-bowl, then add hemp-seeds, balsamic-vinegar, orange-juice, pepper and salt. Whisk to blend.
- In the large-bowl with the veggies, add pomegranate-seeds, pecans and quinoa. Stir to blend. Pour in the dressing, stir.
- Serve and Enjoy.
PIN IT FOR LATER!