Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix is a simple snack combination that combines the best of both salty and sweet to get a Chex mix which can feed a bunch! This snack mix is a good mixture of salty and sweet. That salty and sweet combo makes it additional addictive, so you will to create it!
We have tried to cut back on each the holiday craziness and take this time of year a type of hang time to simply spend relaxing and enjoying time together. We do things like watch movies and play games, and we just kind of attempt to slow down and appreciate life.
In addition, we make lots and lots of snacks, such as this Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix. It is a mixture of crackers and cereal and nuts that is topped with a salty and sweet glaze then dusted with cinnamon-sugar.
It is a simple thow-together-snack that is ideal for get-togethers or merely lazy afternoons spent in your home.
Tips for this Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix recipe
This recipe makes a massive batch of snack mix. I have halved the recipe and the only change I needed to make is to the recipe amounts.
Nuts: I love to use cashews in this particular recipe, however there isn’t any reason you could not use a different nut. Unsalted walnuts, or peanuts pecans could work nicely. If you not like to use nuts, then simply utilize extra cereal instead.
Sugar: There is an array given for the total amount of sugar. The greater end will provide you a bite mix that is a bit more sweet than salty.
Cereal: don’t hesitate to modify the up cereal to match your tastes. As an instance, if you despise wheat-chex, simply use an equal quantity of rice chex or corn instead.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- 5 Minutes Mediterranean Bowl (Healthy Lunch Meal Prep Recipe)
- Instant Pot Pad Thai – Gluten Free
- Black Bean Buddha Bowl with Avocado Pesto
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
- Easy Cauliflower and Chickpea Masala
- BBQ Chicken Bowls with Sweet Potatoes and Coleslaw (Whole30)
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet and Salty Chex Mix
- 2 cups cheerios
- 3 cups corn-chex
- 2 cups mini or round-saltine-crackers
- 1 cup wheat-chex
- 2 cups pretzel-sticks
- 2 cups unsalted whole-cashews
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla-extract
- ¼ tsp kosher-salt
- 1 tbsp ground-cinnamon
- ½ – ¾ cup granulated-sugar
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a half-sheet-pan using silicone-baking-mat. If you do not own a half sheet-pan, then line two smaller-pans.
- Mix chex-cereals, pretzels, cheerios, nuts and crackers in a large-bowl.
- In a microwave safe-bowl, melt butter. Then stir honey, vanilla & salt to melted butter. Pour honey mixture over snack mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer snack-mix into prepared baking-sheet. Then spread snack-mix out in an even layer. Bake for 15minutes. Stir.
- Bake for another 15 minutes. Stir.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Stir. Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Sprinkle over snack mix, tossing to coat. Bake for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving. Store in an airtight container.
PIN IT FOR LATER!