Beautiful and festive Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad with creamy goat cheese, toasted pecans and a tangy balsamic dressing! So delicious, healthy and full of flavour Fantastic for the holiday season.
I call this recipe that the “Zac Efron Salad”. It is sweet, savory, salty, feel-good and certainly delicious enough to place in your table. In reality, it might simply sing to you and provide you a six pack. Zac, you sure understand how to treat a woman great.
On a fantastic note, I am super excited about this gorgeous salad. A little green is a absolute must through the week busy and in my estimation a tasty spinach salad may do no wrong.
In the first time when i made this salad last year ago, but i forgot about it in my recipe drafts and time went too fast, therefore I chose to wait until today to post. But hey, it is now here in all it’s glory and I am very excited that you make it.
The recipe is a mixture of my favorite seasonal veggies and fruits: roasted sweet and sour sweet potatoes (or you may use butternut squash), juicy ripe pears, goat cheese, stunning pomegranates, crunchy toasted pecans and quite a delicious balsamic dressing.
It is a salad which you can feel great about eating, but surely does not sacrifice taste. I hope you love this salad. It is festive and flavorful.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other delicious Healthy Recipes options:
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Steakhouse Creamed Spinach
- Keto Big Mac Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Tuscan Tortellini Pasta Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 medium sweet-potatoes, cut into ½ cubes (can also use cubed butternut-squash)
- 1 tbsp brown-sugar (or coconut-sugar or maple-syrup)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut-oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- freshly-ground salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne-pepper
For the Pecans
- ½ cup pencans
For the Salad
- 6 oz organic-spinach (about 8-10 cups spinach)
- ¾ cup pomegranate-seeds, from 1 pomegranate
- ½ cup goat-cheese (or can use feta)
- 2 medium ripe-bartlett-pears, thinly sliced
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp balsamic-vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive-oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp dijon-mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. In a small-bowl, whisk together the coconut-oil, cinnamon, brown-sugar, cayenne and minced garlic. Put the sweet-potatoes on a baking-sheet and then pour mix over the top.
- Season with pepper and salt and toss well to coat. Roast for 20-30minutes till sweet_potatoes are fork tender, tossing somewhat halfway through. They ought to get a little crisph on the edges.
- While the sweet-potatoes are cooking, you can toast the pecans on the stovetop: Add pecans into a pan and put over medium-heat, stirring occasionally about 2-5minutes before pecans are aromatic and slightly golden-brown on edges.
- Remove from heat & transfer to a cutting-board. After a couple of minutes, chop the pecans into large pieces. Put aside.
- In a small-bowl or mason-jar, then add all the dressing ingredients. Shake or mix well to blend. Taste and add extra salt/pepper, if needed.
- In a large-bowl, then add the spinach, pomegranate-seeds, pear slices & cooked sweet-potatoes. Top with toasted pecans and goat-cheese.
- Drizzle with desired amount of dressing, then toss to coat. Add to bowls and serve with additional pecans and goat-cheese, if desired.
PIN IT FOR LATER!