This so easy to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a healthful vegan recipe which perfect a ideal meatless Monday dinner recipe. It requires under an hour to make and is packed full of tasty Indian tastes.
And here I am, sharing a coconut lentil curry recipe with you. You guys, this is exactly what badass curry dreams are made from. For the reals. I am speaking one pot and less than a hour till you are in coconut lentil curry Heaven!
This coconut lentil curry recipe is really simple to make it. Five dollars says you are likely to examine the recipe and think, “No manner his recipe may be among the ideal curry recipes” Nonetheless, it is. For reals.
Creating a big-batch also means we get lunches for days afterwards. Curry is sort of like chili, it is even better the following day. Frankly, every time I make this I receive a text from my family another day telling me how good his lunch is.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other delicious Vegan Recipes options:
- Easy Cauliflower and Chickpea Masala
- Creamy Vegan Southwest Pasta Salad
- Vegan Taco Salad
- Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili
- Farro Vegetable Chickpea Bowl
Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
- 1 head of garlic, chopped (10–12 cloves)
- 1 tbsp each: coriander seeds and cumin seeds
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- A few handfuls of cherry-tomatoes
- 1 cup dried brown-lentils
- 2 tbsp coconut-oil
- 1 15 oz can coconut-milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tsp sea-salt
- 2 tsp cayenne-powder (Optional)
- Heat the coconut-oil in a skillet or large-pot over medium-high-heat. Add the coriander seeds and cumin and toast till they begin to brown, for 45seconds. Then add the garlic into the pot and allow it to brown, about two minutes.
- Insert the can of crushed-tomatoes, turmeric, ginger, and sea-salt into the pot and cook, stirring the pot a couple of times about 5minutes. Add the lentils, if yo using cayenne-powder and also the water into the kettle and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for 35-40minutes or till the lentils are tender. Stir the pot a couple of times to protect against the lentils out of sticking to the bottom. If the curry starts to appear dry, then add an additional ½ – 1 cup of water.
- When the lentils are tender and the curry is thick, then add the coconut-milk and cherry-tomatoes and bring back the pot to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
PIN IT FOR LATER!