Zucchini Rollatini is a tasty, cheesy, veggie-loaded dish! Create with bits of grilled zucchini filled with a basil-cheese filling, then wrapped and topped with marinara, mozzarella and baked in the oven till the cheese is melted and hot.
Swapping pasta for zucchini in those roll-ups create them keto-friendly and low-carb. Zucchini is one of my favourite veggies.
This recipe was super simple and fairly fast to whip up. To create the zucchini pliable and also to decrease liquid when grilled them, i on my grill pan prior to rolling and filling.
For first time, I baked them more longer but I did not enjoy how watery they had been. This time, I just bake for 20minutes and they came out perfect, not mushy or watery and the zucchini had the ideal feel, it’s so great! This can be prepped beforehand then baked when ready to consume.
The ingredients needed to make zucchini are very easy to obtain or may already be in your storage. But if you don’t have the ingredients, you can buy them at the nearest grocery store.
- fresh black pepper
- large egg
- ricotta cheese
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- marinara sauce
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Zucchini Rollatini Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Buddha Bowls
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Fall Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Beef Empanadas with Cheese
- Vegan Panang Curry with Tofu
- 2 large zucchini 14 oz, cut lengthwise into 12 (¼-inch thick) slices
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella (3 oz)
- fresh black-pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano cheese or more for serving
- 1 cup quick marinara-sauce
- ⅔ cup part skim ricotta-cheese
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tsp kosher-salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread ¼ cup marinara-sauce onto the bottom of a 13×9" baking-dish.
- Cut the zucchini length wise into ¼-inch thick pieces till you've got a total of 12-slices about precisely the exact same size.
- Season each side of the zucchini using ½ tsp pepper and salt , then grill onto a grill-pan over high-heat to help dry-out the zucchini, till pliable but not completely cooked, for 2minutes on each side.
- In a medium-bowl, beat the egg and then blend with ricotta, pecorino romano, garlic, basil, ⅛ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mix (roughly 1 ½ tbsp each) evenly on each zucchini slice, spreading to cover.
- Roll-up pieces and arrange them every seam side-down in the prepared dish. Top each with 1 tbsp marinara-sauce + 1 tbsp mozzarella-cheese and tightly cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and hot.