These Broccoli Salad with Strawberries and Avocados is great simple, make ahead, feel packaged side dish or potluck favorite that is fresh, crispy, sweet and savory!
It is packed with fresh strawberries, creamy avocado, crisp apples, salty sunflower seeds, crunchy pears, tangy feta and sweet dried cranberries. The textures and tastes of the Broccoli Salad are from the world and therefore is your dressing.
What I particularly love about this Broccoli Salad, apart from how it takes only minutes to throw together, that it really feels better when compared to a bit beforehand to cool, therefore you aren’t chopping and stressing in the last moment with someplace to be or guests coming. Rather, toss and cool, and you also get to chill out.
Potluck Broccoli Salads generally consist of sugar, mayonnaise, raisins, red onion, bacon and cheddar cheese, however my Broccoli Salad is rebelliously tasty twist.
I have swapped the cheddar with feta, the raisins for craisins and also the sweet mayo dressing to get a Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing. My Broccoli Salad is packaged with:
- sunflower seeds
- dried cranberries
Even though I knew I loved this salad, I was blown away at exactly how sensational it’s! I guess nothing could prepare you for your ideal Broccoli Salad EVER!
Raw broccoli is standard for broccoli salads & provides the broccoli salad its own superb signature feel. If you have never had broccoli salad the fresh flavour feel is swoon worthy and it remains crunchy for days!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Broccoli Salad with Strawberries and Avocados Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5 STAR REVIEW in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Healthy Recipes options:
- Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Hemp Hearts
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- Fall Brussels Sprouts Qunioa Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- Vegan Taco Salad
Broccoli Salad with Strawberries and Avocados
For the Strawberry Broccoli Salad
- 5 heaping cups chopped broccoli-florets
- ¼ cup diced red-onion
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries (a little less than 1 lb)
- 1 sweet-apple, like Fuji, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped
- ⅓ cup crumbled-feta
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower-seeds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
For the Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- ½ cup vanilla-Greek-yogurt (I use nonfat)
- 1 tbsp red-wine-vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (2 for sweeter)
- 1 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 tbsp poppy-seeds
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Add all of the Salad Ingredients to a large-bowl except the avocados.
- In another medium-bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Add desired amount of dressing to salad and toss till evenly coated.
- Best if chilled for 30 minutes to overnight. Toss with avocados before serving.
PIN IT FOR LATER!