This mediterranean salmon bowl is simple to make and among the most delicious meals I have eaten in some time and I had pizza every week. It’s possible to create this satisfying healthier dinner low carb / keto by employing this low-carb hummus recipe.
Why are these salmon bowls different?
First of all I served these with hummus, that has to be a crime in certain portion of the planet and I am begging you not to tell anybody. Please. I then made a salad with feta cheese and purple cabbage, which can be just another offense, but it will help me consume more cabbage, that’s the best aim in life (for your query: what is the goal of life? , you are welcome).
In fact, I left the cabbage salad since it is in season at this time. When it had been summer, cabbage will undoubtedly be tomatoes here. Therefore, in the event that you don’t wish to consume a cabbage salad, then you may even create this tomato cucumber salad this particular curry arugula and avocado salad on the other side.
Mediterranean Salmon Bowl
- 8 oz salmon-filet (250 g)
- 2 tbsp olive-oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red-pepper
- 1 cup broccoli-florets
- 1 tsp basil, dry
For the Salad
- 2 tbsp hummus or low-carb hummus
- ⅔ cup purple-cabbage, chopped
- handful basil-leaves
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon-juice
- ¼ cup feta-cheese, crumbled
- 10 olives, pitted
- Rub the salmon with all the dried-basil, crushed red-pepper flakes & 1 clove garlic. Let it sit for a couple minutes as you're producing the broccoli along with the salad.
- For your salad chop the cabbage & then massage it into a bowl with the lemon-juice. Then add basil, lettuce, olive-oil, feta-cheese and 1 clove of minced garlic.Mix everything nicely together and add salt & pepper if necessary. I didn't have to perform it, since the feta was really sour. You might even create the hummus, when you have not made or purchased any.
- For your broccoli, I sliced the florets and simmer them for two minutes at a skillet with 1 tbsp olive-oil. I then switched off the heat and covered with a lid for a couple of minutes.
- Following that, I removed the broccoli and inserted the salmon to the identical pan, since I do not wish to scrub 3 pans for a single meal. I cooked it in medium/medium large and covered with a lid, then turning half-way through. At this time you may use entire salmon filets, I'd cut mine into a couple balls as you can see in the images. After 6-7 mins that the salmon is prepared and you can begin organizing the bowl.
- In the base, we set the salad, then add the olives, hummus, broccoli and also at the center the salmon. Add pepper and salt to taste and revel in. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- Meal Prep Choice: this salmon bowl recipe creates approximately 2-3 servings. You are able to meal prep it by adding the olive oil and garlic into the salad right if you are likely to possess it. I prefer to keep things in separate containers in the refrigerator and for no more than 3 times.
- Low Carb Choice: it is easy to create this recipe low-fat or keto using low-carb hummus rather than routine hummus.
- Salad Options: Rather than this cabbage salad, you might even create this tomato cucumber salad this particular curry arugula and avocado salad.