Love Mexican cuisine? You would love this keto-friendly model of chicken enchiladas. We utilize zucchini instead. It turns out yummy and super low-carb in contrast to the initial one. Among the chief components in our recipe would be poultry meat. It’s simple to cook and full of protein. It is also possible to use beef rather than chicken.
For those fillings, then you simply can not dismiss cheese! We utilize both cheddar and mozzarella cheese with this recipe. For your enchilada sauce, then we recommend you create your own keto edition of enchilada sauce when at all possible. Check out our keto recipes here!
Additionally, we added garlic and chili peppers for additional tastes. After all, what type of Mexican cuisine with no hot red pepper? Additionally, it is a excellent way to receive your metabolism to function quicker and burn off calories. This dish may be a superb meal for dinner or lunch. You may even impress your friends with your culinary skills and set it to a table.
Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas
- ½ onion chopped
- 1½ cups chicken-meat cooked & shredded
- 2 zucchini
- ¼ tsp chili-flakes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup enchilada-sauce divided
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- ½ cup cheddar shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
Topping for Serving
- fresh-parsley chopped
- Heat a tbsp of olive-oil from the skillet, add onion and cook till lightly-brown. Add minced garlic, chili-flakes, salt & pepper, shredded-chicken & ⅔ cup of enchilada-sauce. Mix well and simmer for about 10minutes.
- Cut zucchini into thin pieces with vegetable peeler. Arrange 4 pieces onto a cutting board together with the edges . Place 2 tbsp of chicken mixture & roll-up and then move into the greased baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices and chicken mix.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada-sauce over the rolls and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake at 350°F for about 20minutes. Serve topped with wheat germ & chopped parsley.