This creamy mushroom fettuccine sleek smooth noodles coated in just the correct number of luxury sauce, speckled with garlic-buttery pan-roasted mushrooms.
I normally create this mushrooms fettuccine for dinner a few times each week. My family loves it if I create a few of those favorites such as Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms or our Farfalle Pasta With Spinach, Mushrooms And Caramelized Onions or maybe Skillet Chicken And Mushroom Wine Sauce.
Creamy Mushrooms Fettuccine
- ½ cup Land O Lakes Butter, divided
- 16 oz fresh-sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves fresh-minced garlic or a pinch of garlic-salt
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup heavy whipping-cream
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 1 cup reserved pasta-water
- ½ cup Parmesan-cheese
- fresh ground black-pepper
- parsley for topping
- Wash the mushrooms. Add the mushrooms and garlic into a large skillet with 2 tbsp of the butter. Saute till the mushrooms are tender with deep brownish color 10-15minutes. Simmer over low-heat.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package instructions. Drain, reserving just a bit of this water and return to pan.
- Add mushroom-sauce into the hot-fettuccine from the pan. Add Parmesan and around 1 cup of pasta-water as necessary for the consistency right. Season with pepper and salt. And now stand in the stove and then eat it directly out the pan.
- If you forget to reserve your pasta-water, simply use regular water. The longer you allow the fettuccine sit, the more water it may need in order to keep it creamy. A drizzle of truffle oil to finish will take it into another level.