Are you like a French Dip? We believe that one takes the cake. The key? This jus! Flavored with loads of garlic, onions and thyme, you may want to make twice.
Not many things are more reassuring to me than the usual drippy French dip sandwich. Fantastically taste beef gold toasted dark, amazing onions and also the many delectably savory liquid to dip it into.
There is pretty much nothing on earth that is like a fantastic French dip. In case you have some special guests coming to your home for supper.
French Dip Sandwich
- 2 tbsp worcestershire-sauce
- 1 whole boneless ribeye-loin or sirloin (about 4-5 lbs)
- ½ tsp ground-oregano
- 1 tbsp saoy-sauce
- 2 tbsp black-pepper
- ½ tsp ground-thyme
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 10 whole crusty-deli rolls or sub rolls, toasted
- 1 tbsp kosher-salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 whole packet French onion-soup mix, dry
- 1 cup beef-broth or beef-stock
- 1 can beef consomme
- ¼ cup dry sherry or white-wine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees. Combine the piece of meat-tightly with couple pieces of kitchen-twine.
- Mix the pepper, salt, thyme and oregano rub it all around the surface of the beef.
- Place the beef on a roasting-rack in a roasting-pan & roast it into medium-rare, about 20-25minutes, until it registers 125 degrees on a meat thermometer or if you would like it pink until 135. Then remove the meat to a cutting-board & cover with foil.
- Return the roasting-pan to the stovetop burner above medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions and stir them around for 5minutes, till they're golden & soft.
- Sprinkle in the soup mixture, then pour into the broth, consomme, worcestershire, sherry, soy and even water. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat to reduce. Simmer for 45minutes, stirring occasionally, to create the flavors.
- Add more water when it begins to evaporate too much. Pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer & reserve the liquid along with the onions.
- Slice the beef really thin. Pile onions and meat rolls, then serve with meals of jus.
Maybe you wanna make this French Dip Squares these simple french dip squares are all filled with complex flavors.