Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas this is will be your new favourite lunch! This hearty and healthy vegan quinoa chickpea salad is packed with vegetables and plant-proteins and pulled using a bright and zippy lemon vinaigrette.
I coating quinoa with crispy Moroccan spiced chickpeas & sweet roasted beets and butternut squash. Mix that with cucumber, fresh-tomatoes and a lot of fresh-herbs.
What attracts all of the flavors together is really a bright lemony vinaigrette. This dressing is really simple to create & you will end up pouring it on all! Such a fantastic way to add a pop of taste and brightness to a meal.
Serving Tips for this Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
This salad is a good dinner or lunch and is ideal for meal-prep! To make beforehand:
- Roast beets, butternut and chickpeas, like in recipe.
- Layer roasted veggies, quinoa and chickpeas in containers, and drizzle with the dressing.
- Store cucumbers, tomatoes & herbs in another container, and blend together before serving. This retains the veggies from becoming soggy from sitting at the dressing for a long time.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- 15 Minutes Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles
- Vegan Sweet and Sour Cauliflower
- Fall Brussels Sprouts Quinoa Salad
- Black Bean Buddha Bowl with Avocado Pesto
- Killer Vegan Chili
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- 1 cup quinoa cooked to package intructions
- 2 beets, peeled & cubed (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ butternut-squash, peeled & cubed
- 2 cups cherry-tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Italian-parsley, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
For the Moroccan Chickpeas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sweet-paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- ¾ tsp sea-salt (less if chickpeas are salted)
- 2 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp dijon-mustard
- 3 tbsp white-wine-vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon-juice
- 3 tbsp olive-oil
- sea-salt and black-pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp honey (or date syrup for vegan option)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Then add the chickpeas into a bowl and drizzle with lemon-juice & olive-oil. Combine all spices together in a small-dish, then coat chickpeas using all the spices.
- On a large-baking-dish, place out cubed butternut & beets, then spray with olive-oil. Leave ⅓ of this baking-tray to also lay-out chickpeas.
- Bake chickpeas, beets and butternut about 25-30minutes. Then layer quinoa, roasted veggies and chickpeas, cucumbers and fresh tomatoes with chopped herbs.
- Toss salad with lemon-vinaigrette.
PIN IT FOR LATER!