All these Quinoa Crab cakes may appear traditional, they’re tender and soft on the inside with all the crisp on the outside. Made with hearts of palm, chickpeas and artichokes. They are vegan, gluten-free and really tasty!
They are high protein, rich fiber, so they have got healthful fats and they can definitely be satisfying and filling!
What is great about this particular recipe is how simple it’s in your own kitchen. You do not even need to actually chop anything (besides halving a onion). That means you are going to be able to get everything cleaned up very quickly!
They are also a cinch to make! Though there are just few measures required, you are basically just adding items to the food processor, forming cakes and then cooking them.
It is possible to save your crab cakes from the refrigerator or freezer. I would personally advise cooking them ahead, but you could also store them uncooked and cook them if you are ready. They will last for 4-days in the refrigerator and 3-6weeks in the freezer.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Vegan Quinoa Crab Cakes Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Tasty Mexican Pizza
- Orange Orzo Salad with Almonds, Feta and Olives
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Buddha Bowls
- Simple Baked Vegetarian Lentil Meatballs
- Easy Greek Chicken with Tzatziki Sauce
- Spicy Quinoa Lentil Wraps with Tahini Sauce
Vegan Quinoa Crab Cakes
- 1 15 oz hearts of palm drained
- 3 tbsp coconut-yogurt (or vegan-yogurt or mayo)
- 1 15 oz can artichoke hearts drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh-herbs for serving
- ½ an onion
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp lemon-juice
- 2 tsp dried dill (or 1 tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp hot-sauce (your choice)
- 1 tbsp old-bay seasoning
- 1 cup cooked-quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa-flakes
- 1 tsp mustard
- sriracha-mayo for serving
- oil for cooking
- generous pinch of salt and pepper
- Add the garlic and onion to the bowl of a food-processor. Pulse to finely chopped.
- Remove the lid & add the hearts of palm, artichoke hearts and chickpeas. Process again till marginally combined.
- Remove the lid and add the seasonings mustard, yogurt, old bay, lemon, hot sauce and dill. Pulse again till blend.
- Remove the lid and add the quinoa flakes & quinoa. Based upon how big your food processor, pulse to blend or in case your food processor is too big, stir at the quinoa flakes & quinoa to the dough.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of dough and shape to a cake. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Then Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat. When the oil is warm and shimmering, add a couple of cakes to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side till the cakes are crispy and golden-brown.
- Removed the cakes in the pan and put them onto a paper-towel lined cooling rack. Repeat the cooking procedure till you’ve consumed all of the cakes.
- When ready to serve, place two sticks on each plate. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and top with a dollop of sriracha mayo. Serve warm and enjoy it!
PIN IT FOR LATER!