This greek orzo pasta salad would be refreshing pasta dish ideal for the parties, even dinner supper. This pasta salad with vegetables, orzo pasta, lemony oregano vinaigrette is a crowd favorite.
My favourite portion of a pasta salad would be that the dressing or vinaigrette that it is in. After the pasta pops all that taste, each bite is indeed yummy.
With this recipe I made a decision to use red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon, black pepper, oregano and salt. These fundamental ingredients come together to create such a glowing vinaigrette.
I really like this pasta salad recipe, it is simple and fast to create. I sliced cucumber, kalamata olives, parsley and cherry tomatoes. I sliced my red-onions onto the mandoline for these to become uniform, but please be cautious and use the protector. If you don’t own a mandoline, then it is easy to just thinly slice with a knife.
I cooked orzo al dente, you don’t want to overcook it since if it soaks up all of the vinaigrette it’ll get soggy. After al dente, I remove from the pot, drain and then run cold water over it before adding it into the dish. You do not want to have the orzo to be hot if adding to the some other ingredients.
I let the dish to marinate for minimal one hour in the fridge before eating it. This will make it possible for all of the ingredients to become chilly (such as refreshing snack ) and most importantly to provide the ingredients a opportunity to meld together with the vinaigrette.
In the last you are left with this bright and refreshing greek orzo pasta salad that is perfect for picnics or to enjoy throughout the week.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Greek Orzo Pasta Salad Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5 STAR REVIEW in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Hippie Macro Glow Bowl
- Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Hemp Hearts
- Moroccan Salad with Quinoa and Chickpeas
- 5 Minutes Mediterranean Bowl
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Pear and Pomegranate Spinach Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
- 8 oz orzo-pasta
- ½ tsp freshly-ground black-pepper
- ½ cup red-onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry-tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup feta-cheese
- 1 lemon, freshly-squeeze-juice
- ⅓ cup kalamata-olives, sliced in half
- 1 cup English-cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup red-wine-vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive-oil
- ½ tsp kosher-salt
- In a small-pasta-pot, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Remove from heat, drain, rinse the pasta and then put aside.
- In a small-bowl, whisk together the olive-oil, red-wine-vinegar, lemon-juice, oregano, pepper and salt. Put aside.
- In a large-mixing-bowl, then add all of the ingredients like the vinaigrette. Toss to make sure all of the components are blended. Put in refrigerator for at least an hour prior to serving to marinate.
PIN IT FOR LATER!