All these BBQ Chicken Bowls are all packed with so much goodness: shredded BBQ chicken, seasoned cubed sweet-potatoes roasted till crispy, a very simple coleslaw and simple homemade dill-pickles. They are filling, healthy and amazingly fast and simple. Paleo and Whole30 also.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Without An Instant Pot?
To create your chicken at a Crockpot, blend all of your BBQ chicken ingredients in the slow-cooker. Cook covered on-high for 3hours or on-low for 5hours.
To create BBQ chicken with no slow cooker or Immediate Pot, shred the chicken breasts using 2 forks, then put into a medium saucepan over moderate heat.
Cover 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce and stir fry until chicken is heated through and the sauce has been consumed. Add more sauce if desired.
Why This BBQ Chicken Is So Good?
All these paleo and Whole30 BBQ dishes are amazingly yummy with sweet-potatoes, crispy coleslaw and dill-pickles. So healthy and filling and also an wonderful flavor combo!
All these BBQ chicken bowls with sweet-potatoes and coleslaw are super simple to make due to a Instant-Pot or slow-cooker.
The homemade dill pickles are amazingly straightforward, quick, and completely lift this bowl into another level!
Be certain that you use Whole30-compliant BBQ-sauce if you would like authentic Whole30 BBQ bowls. My recipe is a superb alternative if you would like to create your own!
When creating the BBQ chicken, even if you don’t have Italian-dressing, then substitute 1 1/2 tbsp oil, 1/2 tbsp white or white-wine vinegar, plus a little pinch of Italian-seasoning.
It’s possible to substitute pickles purchased from the shop for the home made ones (however I really, really suggest the homemade version). If you are using store-bought pickles, utilize high quality cold pickles.
It is possible to keep any leftover coleslaw mixture to use in different dishes. Squeeze liquid and save for another use within an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 times.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this BBQ Chicken Bowls recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Steak Taco Bowls – (Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30)
- Philly Cheesesteak Lettuce Wraps
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
BBQ Chicken Bowls with Sweet Potatoes and Coleslaw
- 2 boneless skinless chicken-breasts (about 1¼ lbs)
- ¾ cup Whole30 BBQ-sauce
- or about 2 1/2 cups shredded BBQ chicken or pork
- 2 tbsp Italian-dressing
- salt, to taste
- 2 sweet-potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 tbsp avocado or refined coconut-oil
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp chili-powder
Quick Dill Pickles
- sprig fresh dill
- ¼ cup white or white-wine vinegar
- ¼ english cucumber sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic minced
- pinch yellow-mustard seeds
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp salt
- or ¼ cup sliced cold-dill-pickles
- 3 tbsp coconut-aminos
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp white-apple cider, or white-wine vinegar
- 1 14 oz bag shredded coleslaw mix
- ¼ tsp kosher-salt
- dry BBQ seasoning
- fresh chopped-parsley
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
Make Sweet Sotatoes
- On a baking sheet, toss all ingredients & roast for 20minutes. After 20 minutes, then stir-well and then return to the oven. Bake another for 10-15minutes or till browning on edges but not too crispy.
Make BBQ Chicken
- Combine all ingredients in a instant-pot. Seal & cook on-high pressure about 10minutes. Quick release shred chicken breasts using 2 strands or use a hand mixer on low speed when time is up.
- Turn on Saute-mode and heat for 5minutes till chicken is coated in sauce. If you don't have an instant-pot, see Note for regular shredded chicken or slow-cooker instructions.
Make the Pickles
- While sweet-potatoes roast, mix all pickle ingredients in a small-bowl and then put aside.
- Mix all ingredients aside from coleslaw mixture in a small-bowl. Put coleslaw mixture in a medium-bowl and pour dressing over.
- Split BBQ chicken, sweet-potatoes and coleslaw evenly among 4bowls. Top with a few pickle pieces. Garnish with fresh-chopped-parsley if desired.