Smoky kielbasa sizzled with sweet bell-pepper, garlic and onions into vibrant tomato-sauce. This fast and effortless sausage, rice and pepper skillet is completely yummy!
Now I am sharing a different fast and effortless meal along with you. That is one we have made twice today and I simply love how easy, yet tasty it’s. Grab your skillet and let’s get cooking.
To begin with, you are going to need cook your rice. I grabbed a little saucepan & needed it simmering off while I left everything . Timing is key, but if you do whatever it that the ideal order, it is going to be done if you require it.
Then, brown the sausage. I utilized kielbasa, nevertheless, andouille would work nicely also. Make it nice and crispy, then spoon off it into some plate for after.
Season and then saute the onion, garlic and pepper then make them nice & tender. Again, after the vegetables are cooked, then spoon off them & save them later.
Now comes the interesting part! Insert your tomato-paste and then the chicken broththen whisk! When the mixture bubbles and then add the paprika and cayenne, then the rice. Stir everything together, add a pinch of chopped-parsley.
That is it! You are done! We have added peas into the dish to the veggies up and it was yummy. Next time you are on the search for a fast, tasty & satisfying meal, then give this recipe a go.
More super delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooked Beef and Noodles
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Creamy Mushrooms Fettuccine
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Sausage, Pepper and Rice Skillet
- 1¼ can white-rice
- 2 tsp olive-oil
- 12 oz smoked sausage
- ½ red-bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow-bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small white-onion, quartered and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher sea-salt
- ½ tsp ground black-pepper
- 5 tbsp tomato-paste
- 1¼ can low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tsp paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne-pepper
- 1½ tbsp chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, cook rice according to this package's instructions.
- Put a large cast iron skillet over medium-high. When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Following the oil shimmers, add the sausage & cook until browned on each side, about 5minutes. Remove from the pan & put aside.
- Add the onion and peppers, saute for 4-5minutes. Add the salt, garlic, and pepper then cook until aromatic about one minute. Remove from the pan & put aside from the sausage.
- Add the tomato-paste & around ¾ cup of chicken broth, then whisk to blend. Permit the mixture to simmer for one minute, then add the paprika & cayene.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, rice, remaining chicken broth, onions and pepper until blended. Garnish with chopped parsley, serve immediately.