Potato soup would be your greatest comfort food and also among those couple soups I will eat all year – even on the hottest days of the summer. Oh, who are we kidding. I eat all of the soups all through the year. Get this to with all our beer bread for dipping and sopping up every last drop.
This rich potato soup made from the crockpot is really on point. And moreso if it is really a chilly and rainy January day just like now. That in Florida we receive not many of. That explains the reason why I eat soup all through the year. I am not looking forward to this 1 evening of this season! Drink as meals on your own alongside our yummy meatloaf recipe along with some peanutbutter biscuits.
- 1 large yellow-onion diced
- 10 cloves garlic-minced
- 64 oz chicken-stock or broth
- 16 oz cream-cheese softened
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 5 lbs russet-potatoes washed but NOT peeled. Diced into ½ inch-cubes
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon shredded cheese, green onions
- Add potatos, onion, seasoning, garlic & poultry stock to slow-cooker.
- Cook on high for 6hours or less for 10hours.
- Add the softened cream-cheese and then puree-soup with an immersion blender till the cheese is included along with roughly half of the soup is mixed. (Alternately you can eliminate half the soup along with the cream cheese into a vertical blender, subsequently re-incorporate).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes and enjoyed.
- Yields approximately 10-12servings.