Super delicious Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw and this ready in about 30minutes and loaded with flavor and texture.
It is almost difficult to speak about such tacos, that is just how much I adore them. What we have happening here is yummy spice-loaded fish tucked in between chopped avocado along with a cabbage slaw that’s thick using a homemade carrot carrot sauce.
Simple Tips for Making Shrimp Tacos:
- How to Prep the Shrimp: it could provide you the scaries but I would recommend getting tail-on shrimp (frozen or fresh) & peel and devein them yourself. Do not worry, it is simpler than you might imagine.
- Other Ways to Cook the Shrimp: these are created in a skillet, however when sunlight is shining and the beer is cold and the grill is warm, then you can grill and you those shrimp! Might be best to get them some skewers to get a not as annoying grilling experience.
- Other Sauces for Shrimp Tacos: the Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce is the best here, but if you require something different because of preferences or restrictions, our Cauliflower Taco Bowls with Creamy Vegan Cilantro Ranch or Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango Salsa.
Shrimp Tacos with Garlic Cilantro Lime Slaw
Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce
- ½ cup sour-cream or full-fat greek-yogurt
- ½ cup chopped green-onions
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
Shrimp Taco Spice Mix
- ½ tsp each onion-powder and garlic-powder
- 1 tsp coarse sea-salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne-pepper or more to taste
- 2 tsp each chili-powder and cumin
Stuff for the Shrimp Tacos
- avocados, Cotija-cheese, and lime wedges for serving
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 8 smalls tortillas (corn or flour)
- 3 cups shredded green-cabbage
- Sauce: Pulse all of the sauce-ingredients in a food-processor or blend until mostly smooth.
- Slaw: toss a few of this sauce (not all) using cabbage. We are going to use the skillet sauce to top the tacos.
- Shrimp: Pat the shrimp dry with paper-towels. Toss the beans in a small-bowl with the spice mixture to have it coated. Heat a spoonful of oil a skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet and simmer for 5-8minutes, then turning sometimes, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Assembly: To your prettiest and easiest to eat meeting, proceed in this sequence: smashed-avocado, slaw & shrimp. End with cotjia-cheese, lime wedges & additional sauce.