This Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken is also a simple and tasty weeknight meal. Serve it cold as a summer time pasta salad hot as a yummy winter entree.
Can there be anything more refreshing a cold pasta salad on a hot day? I believe my spouse and I’ve got enough chosen summertime pasta salads to create one every week, not get through them all from the end of the season. Among our favorites is that this Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken. It is fast and simple, and it’s an unbelievable depth of flavor!
Each summerI plant a number of sour plants in our backyard. I will sometimes pick leaves off for a variety of meals and recipes, then at the close of the summer, I will pull all the rest of the leaves and create a massive batch of pesto. Then I freeze the pesto in small cubes and keep them in a large bag in the freezer.
May be you like another chicken recipes like this Spicy Chicken Tender, Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Crack Chicken Chili and Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch.
Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup cherry-tomatoes, halved
- 16 oz farfalle-pasta
- ¼ cup fresh-basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup basil-pesto
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- parmesan-cheese (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with pepper and salt.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 5-7minutes each side, or until fully cooked. Transfer chicken to a cutting board & slice into pieces.
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta till al dente according to the package directions. (Note: I generally cook the pasta for 1-2minutes less than the bundle suggests so the pasta still has some texture).
- Rinse and drain pasta & put aside. (Hint: When using pasta to get a salad, throw it in a big bowl using a few Tbsp of milk after it is cooked. The milk will help prevent the pasta from sticking together).
- With a large-bowl, combine together the pesto, pasta & chicken. Stir until well blended and put in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and fresh basil promptly prior to serving. Then Before serving put freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional).