This is the very first banana pudding I have ever produced. It was yummy. My fiance said it was much better than his grandma’s banana pudding. This banana pudding layered dessert is the best no-bake, make-ahead cure to create a bunch. If you’re able to locate banana pudding flavored combination, go right ahead and apply it . But vanilla is at least as excellent.
My family LOVED this recipe. I doubled it and mad a lasagna pan full and 2 small pans. That made for happy kids and their spouses. Making it again for a pre Thanksgiving supper with friends. Is this better made the day before or the day you want to serve it? Of course, I made this and the Family Loved it! so easy to make and so yummy !! i ended up putting this in a pyrex pie dish. fit perfectly for 3 layers.
I made this and you definitely need a minimum of 13×9 pan. I used a foil lasagna size pan and it was more than enough for that size. If you use a small pan you will be overflowing. Also, cool whip must be bought for this recipe. The heavy cream is for the cream cheese mixture. Once it’s set for a few hours or overnight you add the cool whip on top with the garnishments. This is an amazing recipe! All my teammates loved it and there was not enough as they devoured it over the work day.
Banana Pudding Lasagna
For the Crust
- Pinch kosher-salt
- 1½ c. finely crushed Nilla-Wafers
- 4 tbsp melted-butter
For the Cheesecake
- 48 Nilla-wafer, plus more, crushed, for garnish
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream-cheese, softened
- 5 large ripe-bananas, sliced
- 2 c. heavy-cream
- 1 (¾ oz) package instant vanilla-pudding mix
- 1¾ c. whole-milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla-extract
- ¾ c. granulated-sugar
- Make crust: In a medium-bowl, stir together Nilla-wafers, butter & salt. Press into the bottom of a small square baking dish. Put aside.
- Make cheese-cake filling: In a large bowl, beat cream-cheese & sugar till fluffy. Beat in heavy-cream & vanilla and till stiff peaks form. Put aside.
- In a medium-bowl, whisk together pudding mix & milk. Let pudding stand for 5minutes till thickened. Fold pudding into cheese-cake mix.
- Pour the filling into graham cracker-crust. Insert a layer of chopped banana & Nilla-Wafers, then pour remaining portion filling on top. Add a second layer of chopped banana & Nilla-wafers. Refrigerate until set & cool, at least two hours and up to immediately insured.
- Top lasagna with cool whip, and sprinkle with nilla-wafers along with remaining banana-slices. Slice and serve.