This Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce complete with a savory marinade and a sweet and spicy coconut cream sauce, this satisfying main tastes just like a beach vacation. When you eat it you will be fascinated by the taste.
Complete with a sweet marinade along with a sweet and spicy coconut cream-sauce, that satisfying main tastes like enjoy a beach holiday.
I totally love tofu because of its ability to accept the taste and texture of whatever you could dream of. Additionally, it is a wonderful source of plant-protein.
What better way to create this dish vegan than with tofu and what better time to perform it than today. I really like any excuse to experiment with fun flavors and cooking methods, so that I wasted no more time testing my thought.
This Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce is too great to pass up. I maintain my part size small and load the remainder of my plate with veggies. I really like grilled zucchini or roasted broccoli as a side. A massaged spinach salad could be fine, also.
To make it a heartier meal, serve everything above a bed of cooked quinoa or brown-rice. Now I think of this, the Quinoa Fried Rice and Heathy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice would flavor amazing with this particular dish.
Treat your taste into the tastes of pineapple and coconut cut with a sweet and (not too) spicy-chili-sauce.
If you love this Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls
- Delicious Fire Cracker Tofu
- Simple Baked Vegetarian Meat Balls
- Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Baked Chicken Tacos
Coconut Crusted Tofu with Sweet Chili Sauce
For the Coconut Crusted Tofu
- 14 oz extra-firm-tofu
- ¾ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola-oil for frying
- ¼ cup coconut-sugar
- 2 tbsp whole wheat-flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp baking-powder
- ¼ cup soy-sauce
- 1 small lime juiced
- ½ cup panko-breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp fresh-ginger grated
- 3 tbsp cold water
For the Sweet Chili Sauce
- ½ cup coconut-cream (from a 15-oz. can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 2 tsp lime-juice
- 1 tsp chili-garlic-sauce
- 2 tbsp pineapple-juice
- Press the tofu with several-layers of paper-towel to remove as much water as you can. Then cut the tofu into 1/2-inch slabs & then press paper-towels.
- To prepare the marinade, first combine the coconut sugar and soy sauce in a small-mixing-bowl. Microwave at 15second intervals, stirring in between, till the coconut sugar dissolves. This will take under a moment. Then add the fresh ginger & lime juice. Whisk to blend.
- Transfer the tofu into a shallow baking-dish & pour in the marinade. Move the pieces around so each is totally coated. Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least 2hours. Flipping the pieces over & recovering together with all the marinade half way through. Place can of coconut milk from the fridge at this moment, too.
- While the tofu is marinating, prepare the batter. Combine the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and water in a medium-mixing-bowl. Whisk to blend. Put in the refrigerator till you are ready to cook the tofu.
- When the tofu is done marinating, remove from the fridge along with the can of coconut-milk. Pour on the panko-breadcrumbs and shredded coconut on a large-plate then use your hands to blend it up.
- Remove the batter in the refrigerator and stir. The texture ought to be like pancake batter. When it’s too thick, add another tsp of cold-water. Line a second large-plate with a layer of paper-towels and put it next to your cooker.
- Heat ¼ cup of vegetable or coconut-oil in a large-skillet over medium-high-heat. Once hot, the oil must glide easily through the pan.
- Just take the very first bit of tofu and dip it into the batter. Shake lightly to remove any surplus, then dredge it via the panko/coconut mix so that it’s coated on either side. Carefully put in the skillet
- Coat each slice of tofu in batter, then followed with the panko/coconut mix. Working in batches, cook tofu for approximately 3 minutes on each side, till golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer cooked tofu pieces to the paper-towel lined plate to absorb extra oil
- While the tofu cools, then prepare the sauce. Twist the can of coconut-milk up-side-down & open it from the bottom. Pour the liquid off and spoonful 1/2 cup of this solid coconut-cream into a blender.
- Add the lime-juice, pineapple-juice and chili garlic sauce. Blend till smooth. As an alternative, you can whisk the sauce by hand in a small-mixing-bowl. Adjust flavors to taste.
- Serve tofu warm with a drizzle of sweet chili sauce and a squeeze of lime, if desired.