Jalapeno Popper Loaded Potatoes – this Twice Baked Potatoes filled up using a creamy dreamy Jalapeno Popper filling. Food comas have not been delicious.
And by tasty I mean if you are on a diet or any kind of health-kick, then exist now. This’ll hurt your waist in a way unthinkable. Everybody else, follow me. You are in for a treat.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Potatoes
If it has to do with the filling, jalapeno popper was a no brainer. Mainly because I am hooked on jalapenos, but because cream-cheese, jalapenos, bacon & cheese have a tendency to go well with potato.
Can you use jarred Jalapenos?
Regrettably pickled or jarred jalapenos aren’t acceptable for this particular recipe. The vinegar or brine soaks to the curry and supplies an odd taste as soon as they’re cooked. Fresh jalapenos all of the way!
How much Jalapeno to use?
By experience, jalapenos differ a great deal in their own spice levels, therefore it is almost always a tricky one. After testing this a few occasions I discovered 2-3 jalapenos hit sweet place of not too hot, not too gentle. However function to taste and reduce/increase as vital.
Jalapeno Popper Loaded Potatoes
- 250 g streaky bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 large baking potatoes, stabbed a couple times with a fork
- 150 g cream-cheese
- 3 fresh Jalapenos, deseeded and finely diced
- 150 g cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt & black-pepper
- fresh-chives, to serve
- sour-cream, to serve
- Coat potatoes in a spoonful of olive-oil & a pinch of pepper and salt. Set in the oven 356°F for 60-70minutes, or until deep-gold & fork tender.
- Once cool enough to handle, cut off the very top (¾ of the way up) and scoop-out of the middle, leaving a thin wall to maintain the potato hardy.
- Combine the filling with cream-cheese, garlic-powder, avocado, a pinch of salt & pepper (to taste) and nearly all of your bacon, cheddar and jalapenos (save on top).
- Evenly divide the filling one of your potato skins, then top with your staying cheddar, bacon and jalapeños. Put back into the oven 430°F for 15minutes or until the cheese seems crispy & nice.
- Serve with a dollop of sour-cream and a sprinkle of chives.
- Fresh Jalapenos – Jarred or pickled Jalapenos are not appropriate for this particular recipe. I’ve attempted and the brine soaks to the potatoes & supplies an odd flavor in the end.
- Spice amount – it is really hard to forecast how hot a jalapeno will be, in my experience they differ quite drastically. I have tested this recipe several occasions and discovered 2-3 (deseeded) jalapenos hits the sweet-spot. Not too hot, not too gentle. But please don’t to adjust as necessary increase/decrease quantity of jalapeno to taste.