Burrito Bowls with Chicken – all these burrito bowls are packed with marinated grilled chicken, cilantro lime rice, black beans and variaty of toppings. This recipe will wind up a dinner at your home!
It is a brand new year, and just like most different men and women, I have been busy working on manners for my loved ones to lead a healthy lifestyle. We have been going for long walks to the weekends, even eating fresh veggies and fruits, and happen to be exercising more. My homemade burrito dishes are a milder version of this restaurant favored. I have made some swap workouts to produce this recipe fitter and my family enjoys it as far as the first!
Even a burrito bowl is of your favourite burrito fillings minus the tortilla. Burrito bowls are usually served on rice or in case you’re seeking to decrease your carbs, then you are able to serve your toppings onto a bed of romaine lettuce.
Burrito Bowls with Chicken
- 1½ lbs nature raised farms boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 lime-juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- ¼ cup light sour-cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp chili-powder depending on the heat level
- 1 tsp kosher-salt
- 3 cups cooked white or brown-rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup olive-oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp ground-cumin
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 can black-beans drained and rinsed
- 1½ tsp smoked-paprika
- ⅓ cup lime-juice
- To prepare the marinade, pour the lime-juice, olive-oil and water into a large resealable bag. Add the sugar, garlic, salt, smoked paprika, cumin, onion-powder and chili-powder.
- Seal bag and shake to blend. Add the chicken to the bag of paper, seal and put in refrigerator (marinate a min of 30minutes or up to 8hours).
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken & cook for 5-6minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Chop the cooked chicken into bite sized bits. Set the rice or quinoa in a large bowl then add the cilantro, lime-juice, pepper and salt to taste. Toss to coat the rice equally.
- Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Arrange the chicken, avocado, salsa, beans, sour-cream & lettuce in addition to the rice. Serve immediately.
More tasty food recipe favorites:
- Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
- Air Fried Steak and Asparagus Bundles
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast