This Vegan Panang Curry recipe is simple to create with easy pantry ingredient such as tomato paste, mild coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder. The vegetables may be customized as required, it’s kale for additional protein and the may be served on its own or over noodles, rice or quinoa.
Panang curry paste is traditionally made of kaffir lime, galangal, chili peppers, shrimp paste, lemongrass, garlic, coriander root, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, peanuts, shallot and salt.
We are not going to get that complicated. Rather, this very simple version of panang curry is made from mild tomato paste, coconut milk, peanut butter and curry powder.
To create this tasty vegan curry, then you will cook up the garlic, carrot and onion then gradually add the remaining ingredients till you’ve got a thick and creamy sauce. When it is ready, pour it over basmati rice, brown rice, quinoa, noodles or some other whole grain of selection.
The main ingredients you’ll need to make this are
There are several main ingredients that you need to prepare first in making this recipe:
- Vegetable broth
- Tomato paste
- Light coconut milk
- Curry powder
- Natural peanut butter
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Vegan Panang Curry with Tofu Recipe as much as I do, make sure to give it a “5 STAR REVIEW” in the comments below! Thanks.
Try other Delicious Recipes options:
- One Pan Vegan Thai Curry Recipe
- Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Buddha Bowls Recipe
- Black Bean Burrito Bowl
- Blueberry Banana Protein Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Beef Empanadas with Cheese Recipe
Vegan Panang Curry with Tofu
- 1½ cups vegetable-broth
- 1 packaged firm tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp curry-powder
- 2 cups chopped carrots (approx. 300 g)
- 1 small zucchini sliced (approx. 1 heaping cup)
- 1 red-pepper thinly sliced
- 1 can light coconut-milk
- 1 white onion diced (2 cups, approx. 300g)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup tomato-paste (60 g)
- 1 tbsp pure-maple-syrup (substitute coconut sugar or other natural sweetener of choice)
- ⅓ cup natural-peanut-butter (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sea-salt
- rice or quinoa for serving
- Add the carrot, diced onion and garlic into a skillet & cook over moderate heat in coconut-oil, vegetable broth or water till they’re beginning to soften for 5-10minutes. Then add a splash more broth when it begins to stick.
- Add the red pepper & zucchini then stir to blend. Adding a little more broth as necessary.
- Add the tomato paste, turmeric, curry powder and salt then cook for a couple more minutes, stirring to blend.
- Add the coconut milk & vegetable-broth then simmer lightly till the carrots are tender and it is thick and creamy for 20minutes. Stir occasionally as it cooks.
- Stir in the peanut butter, cilantro, maple syrup and cubed tofu then cook for a couple more minutes till the peanut butter is combined and the tofu is heated throughout.
- Serve on the top with brown rice, quinoa or basmati.
PIN IT FOR LATER!