Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala it’s creamy, flavorful, mushroom studded Chicken Marsala prepared from the slow cooker! This astonishingly simple recipe results a restaurant quality dish made directly in your kitchen. Fancy enough for company, but also a superb recipe for any night of the week.
Chicken Marsala is a Italian American dish of chicken-breasts in creamy Marsala wine-sauce packed with mushrooms. On the other hand, this simple and classic Chicken Marsala recipe is presently likely to make its way into the crock pot and turn into your new favourite slow cooker dinner!
What can use in place of Marsala Wine?
You can use madeira, sherry, dry white wine or port. Please bear in mind that using anything besides dry-marsala-wine will change the classic taste.
What to serve with Chicken Marsala?
I enjoy Chicken Marsala on its own, retains the calories and carbohydrates to a minimum. But if you want, you can serve it on pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Recipe Note for Chicken Marsala
- If you do not have enough time to brown the chicken breasts, then you do not need to, however, it will help with the overall taste.
- If you do not have “Marsala-Wine”, then you may utilize madeira, sherry, dry-white-wine, or port. Please bear in mind that using anything besides Dry Marsala Wine will change the classic taste.
- Attempt to use DRY Marsala Wine. Sweet Marsala Wine is for desserts. If you do not need to use wine, then you may use low-sodium chicken-broth, rather. I would recommend chicken broth for the those that are watching their carbs, calories and/or are about a Keto dietplan.
How to Store Chicken Marsala?
Store leftovers in an airtight-container & keep in the refrigerator for 3-4days.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
If you love this Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala as much as I do, make sure to give it a 5-Star review in the comments below!
Try other Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes options:
- Slow Cooker Steak Soup with Egg Noodles
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Wings
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Crack Chiken Chili
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ½ lbs)
- ½ tsp sweet-paprika
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup heavy-cream
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tsp dried-thyme
- 1 tsp dried-basil
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1 cup dry-marsala-wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- salt and fresh-ground-pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh-parsley, for garnish
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow-cooker with cooking-spray & put aside.
- Season chicken-breasts all about with garlic-powder, dried-basil, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat olive-oil in a skillet over medium-high-heat. Then add prepared chicken-breasts into the hot-oil & cook about 3minutes each side, or tlil browned.
- Transfer chicken to slow-cooker & top with garlic and mushrooms. Then pour skillet medium-high-heat then add the marsala wine, cook for a few minute, scraping-up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour wine over chicken & mushrooms. Then close with a lid and cook on LOW for 4-5hours or on HIGH for 2-3hours. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove chicken-breasts from slow-cooker & put aside on a plate.
- Combine water & cornstarch in a mug or a smal- mixing-bowl and whisk till incorporated. Afterward, whisk the slurry to the wine-sauce.
- Add heavy-cream into the wine-sauce & whisk till blended. Then return chicken into the slow-cooker, cover with a lid & cook on HIGH for 20minutes, or till sauce has thickened.
- Transfer chicken from slow-cooker to dishes, top with mushroom-sauce and garnish with fresh-parsley. Serve immediately.
PIN IT FOR LATER!