Cauliflower Casserole with Sour Cream – an incredibly rich and tasty cauliflower casserole is made with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and crumbled bacon. It is keto and low carb.
Among my children hates cauliflower with a passion. That is a shame as it is a healthy vegetable, along with my family I really like it. It is such a fantastic, flexible vegetable for anybody about the keto or very low carbohydrate diets.
But this casserole is magic! It is the only way she will agree to eat cauliflower. I suppose the bacon and cheese make it more tolerable. A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down should be authentic for bacon and cheese too!
Cauliflower Casserole with Sour Cream
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup shredded sharp-cheddar, divided
- ½ cup sour-cream
- 1 tsp coarse kosher-salt (not fine salt)
- 1 tsp Dijon-mustard
- 2 tbsp whole-milk or cream
- ¼ tsp black-pepper
- 1 tsp minced-garlic
- pinch cayenne-pepper
- olive-oil spray
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions, green parts
- 2 tbsp bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment-paper.
- Organize the cauliflower-florets on the baking sheet. Liberally spray olive-oil & season with kosher-salt and black-pepper. Roast the cauliflower till tender-crisp, about 12 mins.
- In a big bowl, combine the milk, sour-cream, dijon, cayenne, garlic and ½ cup cheddar.
- When cauliflower is done, add it to the sour-cream sauce & blend to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 1.5 quart baking dish. Top with the remaining shredded-cheddar. Return to the oven & bake just until cheese is melted, about 10 mins.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower-casserole together with the bacon pieces & also the scallions and serve.